'70 duster exhaust

-

Moparman143

Donny
Reaction score
ok ,so 2 years ago i bought a 70 plymouth duster (my first car) and started work on it. it's an old race car that was bought at a dealership, driven 3.4 miles to a body shop, and stripped down and made into a race car. and that's it. so when i bought it i planned on restoring it 2 street legal standards. so in the process of the car being stripped down in 1970 they ripped out the whol exhaust. so, naturally i bought some purple hornie glasspacks 2 put right on the headers. not knowing that it was still too loud. And now that it's almost street-worthy, i need 2 out a real exhaust on it. so this is what i have so far...

i have a collectors into a pair of cutouts, then an x-pipe kit from summit, through some flowmaster super 44s exiting in front of the rear tire.

Now the problem i seem 2 b having is that i have clearance issues with the framerails/trans crossmember. does anyone know a quick fix or a trans crossmember that'll clear 3" exhaust on my a body? thanks

Donny

I've got headers and 3" exhaust on my '70 duster it clears the "stock" trans. cross member no problem...

-
Back