-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fefferman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I’ve got a 1970 Duster for sale. This is a project car that needs a little TLC (OK maybe a lot) but it has a lot of potential. Oh yea, and I do have the title.

What is has:
It has a 198 that is in the middle of a super-six conversion. The exhaust is at the shop getting 3 broken bolts removed, but I should have it back this week. The intake and the carb are ready to go. This is a three-on-the-tree car (just what you’ve been waiting for) and has the 7.25 rear end. The brakes are 10” drum on the front and 9” drums on the rear. The glass is all good except for the windshield. It has a pretty good sized crack in it. The left front fender is wrinkled and the front bumper is bent.

What it needs:
The engine is not running. As I said before, the intake and exhaust are pulled from the motor (as of this writing), I have the intake-to-exhaust gasket and the intake/exhaust-to-head gasket. I also have the carburetor-to-intake gasket. I plan to have the intake and exhaust re-assembled before selling, but again, as of this writing it is not complete.
The right front brake drum was frozen when I bought the car. When I got it broke loose and removed it, I discovered that the rust was too deep to have it turned, so it needs a 10” brake drum and all the hardware looks pretty crappy and will need replaced.
As I mentioned previously, the windshield has a crack and I just noticed that the left rear wing window has come apart from the lever. The lever is what is broken, but the window is intact.
The interior is the split bench front seat, and it along with the rear bench seat need recovering. The foam seems to be fine, but the seats really need recovered. The dash pad is pretty much crap. I don’t see how anyone could even put a cap over it, but then again I’ve never done one so I guess it may be possible.
The floor pans will need to be replaced. The driver side is the worst but it isn’t too bad. (AKA you won’t fall through!) The passenger side has a few rust spots but they aren’t too scary. The trunk pan needs replaced as well.
I removed the gas tank to have it cleaned, only to find out it has a few sizable holes. I planned to just get a new tank but it never was purchased.

What I’ve done:
Not much L It has a new fuel pump, points and condenser. I pulled the headliner down because it was torn and insulation was falling out. It is the 6-bow and I do have all 6 bows in good shape. I also pulled the instrument panel and put white faces on the gauges. The bezel is black with the white gauges. The heater face plate is also black with white lettering. Uhhhh, yup, that’s it (I told you not much!)

Extras:
I’ve bought many extras that can go with the car (if you need them). If not, that’s OK, I got most of it off eBay and they can go right back on eBay!

• New Pertronix Ignitor II electronic ignition.
  • Used Pertronix Flame Thrower II 0.6 Ohm Coil
  • Automatic Center Console in good shape (I planned an auto-on-the-floor conversion that also never happened.
  • Auto shifter in good shape (I found out after I bought it, it was for a 69ish Charger)
  • 2-14X7 and 2-14X6 slotted mags (no center caps).

I think that’s about it, although I may add more if I find it.J
PM for any additional pics, I’ll take more if needed and get them to ya.
I’d like to get $500 for the car only or $900 for the whole schmeer.

FrontView.jpg

RearView (645 x 430).jpg

RF Fender (645 x 430).jpg

LeftFrontFender (645 x 430).jpg

DriversSideFloorPan (645 x 430).jpg

PassengerSideFloorPan (645 x 430).jpg

Dash (645 x 430).jpg

Windshield.jpg

PassengerDoor (645 x 430).jpg

LeftRearQuarterPanel (645 x 430).jpg

Yes, that may be helpful! I am located in Southern IA. Not the most populated area, but its home!

I'd kind of like to sell the whole car (obviously) but if I don't get any takers, I'll probably have to part it out. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

The dash pad thing was just a joke..... HA... HA.... I think its beyond repair.... I don't think you will have any trouble selling the whole car... Good luck..:cheers:

Thanks for the info on the pad. I already had it out and was starting to clean it up a little when I read your post......NOT!!!! I was a little slow on the dash pad bit, SORRY! I'm usually pretty quick on the humor, but am a little unsure on the board.

P.S. I'm gonna need $75 for the pad!!:toothy10:

UPDATE!!!
I know this has been on a while (poor me) but I do have an update to my sale, which by the way hasn't sold yet (again poor me).
I bought a 1973 318 today to drop in instead of the 198 /6. It was running in a Coronet and was rebuilt in California (whatever that means). It has an Edelbrock Performer intake. The guy told me it had new bearings, re-ringed, and had the heads dekked to raise the compression. It is complete minus the carburetor and distributor. It also has chrome valve covers, although they need cleaned up. All of this to say, I came home and found out we are in a bit of a money crunch (once again poor me) and if we cannot come up with a sizable amount of cash before May we will be in more than a bit of money trouble (literally poor me).
If you have any questions or need any further pics please PM me or just leave a reply to this post.

Sorry to hear about the bad news.... I would say you could easily get your $ for it on E-Bay.... I would try that before you get in to big of a financial bind.... Good luck.....

I guess I ought to price what I have changed. Here is a price list for y'all before I try to list anything on eScam, oops, i mean eBay.
The car: $500
The 318: $450
The Ignitor II /6 electronic ignition (new) $80
The Flamethrower II 0.6 ohm coil (used 2 months) $30
Center automatic console: $75
Auto floor shifter (out of a 69-ish Charger): $30
2-14X7 and 2-14X6 slotted mags (no center caps): $150
As for the car, it will go with the 3-speed on the column but minus the /6.
That being said,
A set of 198 connecting rods: $150
And last but not least,
A two-barrel intake for a slant 6: $45
I will consider any reasonable offers as I really could use some cash (not that I'm the only one).

I can take pics and post in just a few minutes (I hope I don't sound too overly eager!).

For some retarded reason I thought it was a four speed console... But looking back I see it clearly says " AUTOMATIC " Dang DUHHHHHHHH !!!!!!! I am getting dumber by the minute......... Sorry for the trouble......

No biggie, just tell your friends (or your enemies...just let me know if they're your enemies and I'll charge 'em double).

Any reasonable offers???? Anyone???? Maybe slightly unreasonable???

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back