70 duster from disc brake swap

-

Cmcdermo80

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this question has probably been on here many times but I'm new here and this is my first a body. I have a 70 duster with front drum brakes and I'm going to upgrade to front disc brakes. I bought a set of upper contr arms off a 71 with disc brakes. Will those work ? I have 2 sets of disc brake spindles. One off a 85 diplomat and the other are off a later model charger. Which would be better to use? Also, what front end rebuild kit do I buy? Do I need problem solver upper control arm bushings? I know I need a new proportioning valve and that is no problem. I also plan on keeping the 7&1/4 rear around for a while. Is there anyway to upgrade to the big bolt pattern? The engine is going to remain the stock slant six for a long time so in not worrying about tearing it up. Thanks for the help.

To use either of those spindles, you need 73-76 A body upper control arms, for the big ball joint.
65-72 Kelsey Hayes disc brakes still used small ball joint upper control arms.

DrDiff sells an insert for your existing ball joint so you can keep your upper arm and you will need to buy 73-6 abody ball joint and longer bolts with lock nuts. The rest of the diplomat stuff you can buy at any auto store. If you want a prop valve contact finelines,they sell them new.

-
Back