-
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeeone

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need a gas filler neck for a 1970 duster.
The recess in the body has 3 holes.
I bought a gas cap for a 70 duster & it doesn't fit, then I noticed the filler neck has 4 holes so it must be from a newer model. The gas cap that was on it isn't flush with the body so I thought it was just the wrong cap.

you need the 71 cap also used for the 70 California emission cars

fullsizeoutput_1c8d.jpeg

The 4 hole neck is for a dart or scamp. and will deform the quarter if installed. The dart and scamp have a flatter quarter panel. So the necks are different. put them side by side and notice the bend difference

A 72 and up necks are different also the neck installs through the quarter and screws to the quarter. Pre 72 the quarter is screwed to the neck and the neck flange is on the inside. The indent on the quarter is different and the cap will not be flush. Believe me I have run into this problem when putting 72 quarters on a 71 car in the past. Those are my pics posted above and the differences are the reason I made those pics.

One more thing the 70 neck has a vent built in the neck. When eliminating the ecs system on a 71 it is a good reason to use a 70 neck. Also the caps fit from 67-70 are easier to find.

I have any neck or cap you need. 71's are pricey
It looks like I need the 1970 neck to go with the new 1970 gas cap I have.
I can see what you say about the 4 hole neck not fitting to the body properly.
It only had 2 screws in it when I got it. the others don't line up with the holes.
How much $ for a 70 neck sent to So. Cal. 92544 ?

They repro every filler tube but 70 Duster with vent line nipple.
So if you buy a used one make sure its in good shape on the inside or you will have to send it out and have it restored.

I will check on a price. All the necks I have are in very nice condition . If they are rotted they are tossed in the garbage. I will not send junk or any part I wouldn't use myself.

DSCF0292[1].jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back