70 Duster hood to grill gap

-

coyote42

Reaction score
Hi guys, got an assembly question. I’m putting together my duster front clip. It had gotten bent up, not bad, at some point in its life. I installed the hood latch and support and got the hood and fenders aligned. I put the grill in to see how it sits. The hood latch cross piece holds the grill 3/4in below the hood. Big gap. Headlight bezels sit low on the bulbs. This was apart when I got it. Some assembled pictures and close ups of measurements would be helpful if someone could send me some. Thanks, Kyle

Hi guys, got an assembly question. I’m putting together my duster front clip. It had gotten bent up, not bad, at some point in its life. I installed the hood latch and support and got the hood and fenders aligned. I put the grill in to see how it sits. The hood latch cross piece holds the grill 3/4in below the hood. Big gap. Headlight bezels sit low on the bulbs. This was apart when I got it. Some assembled pictures and close ups of measurements would be helpful if someone could send me some. Thanks, Kyle --
-- Here's a picture of Mine.
1 - Duster - Enlarged --.JPG

Remember the grille sets on top of the upper metal support. Not underneath it.
Ok, thanks, I did not know. Someone had bolted the grill under the metal latch support when I got it. It just didn’t make sense that the hood closed perfect but grill was low. No hood latch when I bought it. Had no reference point to start. Thanks very much.

-
Back