70 Duster no start-turn over troubleshooting

-

72dart

Mopa
Reaction score
I have a 70 Duster /6 . 3 Speed on floor that will not turn over. I am trying to get it running so I can pull it out of the garage to take some pictures and sell it. I bought it 5 yrs ago with hopes of learning how to restore it into a 340 clone but I realize it will never get done and the wife is tired of it taking up space in the garage. I have a 72 dart 340 clone that is partially restored and will keep it to enjoy.I appreciate any advice on where to start on troubleshooting this problem. Thanks.

I have a 70 Duster /6 . 3 Speed on floor that will not turn over. I am trying to get it running so I can pull it out of the garage to take some pictures and sell it. I bought it 5 yrs ago with hopes of learning how to restore it into a 340 clone but I realize it will never get done and the wife is tired of it taking up space in the garage. I have a 72 dart 340 clone that is partially restored and will keep it to enjoy.I appreciate any advice on where to start on troubleshooting this problem. Thanks.

This may be stupid but......................If its not even turning over then you need a battery.

Thanks for the advice that it needs a battery. But as lame as I am on mechanics I did know to have a battery in place. I think it was the starter or solenoid because after I tapped it with a hammer it turned over and started right up even after sitting for about a year. Those /6 engines must be bulletproof.

-
Back