70 Duster PS Box Adjustment

-

Greendust

Reaction score
After installing a rebuilt PS Box I still have a lot of play in the steering. Can someone tell me the procedure for adjusting the steering box. All suspension parts are in good shape and I had a good alignment done!

The coupler are known to wear and cause slop. Just have someone lightly turn the steering wheel back and fore and whatch where the slop is.

Thank you mod5v, The coupler appears to be in good shape, the slop is in the box and I'd like to try and adjust it some!

There is a nut on the top of the box that locks a allen set screw. hold the set screw from turning and loosen the lock nut a turn then turn the set screw in a half a turn. see if that helps the slop. if so make sure you can turn the wheel from lock to lock with no tight spots. if you can and you still need more adjustment turn the setscrew in some more until you get the slop out. repeat the above steps to make sure you don't get a tight spot. if you do get a tight spot back the screw out a little until no tight spots and lock the nut at that spot.

-
Back