70 Panther Pink Duster

-

SEbiscut

Reaction score
What do you think a panther pink 70 99 rust free Duster is worth? The car is a 6 cyl, radio delete, auto on column, black interior. My friend just bought it from the original owner /w warranty card & manual intact.

Get it if you can. Any pink Dusters are worth keeping.
I had a 70 340, 4spd car. A slant 6 could still be a cool car
restored to orignal. Good luck. Green Duster.

I have a 1970 Dart factory panther pink, like briankaplan said, any factory FM3 pink Duster is worth getting!! Buy it if you can, it is more rare than most other mopars! :thumbup:

Thanks guys. A good friend came up to Reno to restore the lower 1/4's on my T/A & on the way back to AZ, passing thru a small town, he found the Pink, all original 6 cyl duster, complete w/ fender tag & dog dish wheels,. Talked to the guy who's the original owner & bought it. I think he'll fix a few dents & the only rust was some small patches of rust in the lower 1/4's & then put it on ebay. Car still runs. Pretty cool find.

Memory is fading with age, but I think? it was something like 12 pink '70 Dusters.

Too bad its not a 340 car, but even a bare bones, radio delete 6 cyl car has a lot of potential. Would you clone it to a 340 4spd?

I think it would be cool to leave the 6 cyl in it. It would be different and it would probably be more rare than a 340 Duster. Check out www.pantherpink.com there is a lot of information, including several Dusters! :thumbup:

66340SEDAN said:
I think it would be cool to leave the 6 cyl in it. It would be different and it would probably be more rare than a 340 Duster. Check out www.pantherpink.com there is a lot of information, including several Dusters! :thumbup:

I agree on this, but boy would that be difficult. I think I would pull the original drive train and clean it up and properly get it ready for storing and then "bag" it. Then either put that 340 in it if you can find it and afford it, other wise BB that baby. I looked for quite a few years for the right 71 model, I really wanted (in this order) either a Demon, Duster, or a Dart, well the combination of $$$ and finding resulted in the recent purchase of the Dart, and I'm more than happy !. However if I had got either the Demon or the Duster it would have been done in FM3, the Dart although not original in black will stay black.

Thanks guys. I'll try to post some photos later. My friend said he just found the build sheet & the owner's college class ring along w/ it. Even has the FM3 dog dish wheels. I think I'd restore the entire drive train & store it like you said & then make it look like a 340 car.

I dont think its really worth more then any other slant 6 Duster. Maybe to the right person but its still a slant 6 car. Panther Pink is a cool color once you get use to people asking why you drive a pink car.

I would love to have another panther pink 70 Cuda

PCu3.jpg

Yes, its the one on Ebay. RIck listed it a couple of days ago. I think the price is pretty low for an original FM3 Duster. Whoever buys it will have the luxury of being the 2nd owner. He hasn't even signed the title yet.
BTW Adam, that's one nice Cuda. I guess the collectability of the FM3 cars is that there weren't many made. It probably makes your Cuda more valueable than its regular color counterpart.

The Cuda was actually a F4 green car originally. I liked the FM# but Green is my favorite color for Mopars. Wish I had it log enough to repaint that way.

Personally I would love to own the car. Not only because of the pink color, but I have a FJ5 Lime Green car that is a /6 low option car. So I think it would be cool to have both redone back to stock and sitting side by side. Of course then I would want to find an FC7 purple car to go with them!! ....hmm
how far is AZ from here???

Any guesses as to what the final price will be?? : popcorn:

I was half way interested in the car. However a couple of guys that I know think it will end up around 5k-6k. For me....that is WAY more that what I think I want to spend on a /6 Duster needing resto. Reguardless of the color.

Well I tried... but it did not work out. :( Hope who ever got it returns it to its former glory. Man I should have bid higher. :(

-
Back