'70 Road Runner that was wreck in F&F6

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Car was put back into running order and the owner takes it to shows like this.... :rotz:

0cPuiRk.jpg

7fCHfsG.jpg

JXaGXLT.jpg

RaTqKGs.jpg

No waste! He drives it! Better than all those other cars that just get melted down!

Kudos to him for not being sucked into the common misperception that all cool cars have to be mint!

vntned is correct, the guy drives it EVERYWHERE!

It is a real Roadrunner even!

He fixed the car from the burned out wreck from the movie to just well enough that it was road worthy.

What a waste.

I could understand that it would be a huge waste just to wreck it and let it sit but this seems to be the exact opposite of a waste.

I bet the guy literally said to himself "I don't want to waste this road runner so I'll fix it up and drive it"

I could understand that it would be a huge waste just to wreck it and let it sit but this seems to be the exact opposite of a waste.

I bet the guy literally said to himself "I don't want to waste this road runner so I'll fix it up and drive it"

I can see that, I mainly meant its a "waste" that movie producers keep wrecking old cars, hopefully it can be restored someday...the F&F craze will wear off soon and nobody will remember this car from the film.

what a don't care.......if the guy wants to drive it like then great ....not taking anything away from anyone else.

People probably say "what a waste" about me too because I drive mine year round, even in the snow because I don't even have a newer car. I thought these cars were made to drive.

I can see that, I mainly meant its a "waste" that movie producers keep wrecking old cars.

well ...its not like they are wrecking other peoples cars .....they bought and paid for them before they wreck ....if anything the people who sell them to movie producers are the waste if your going to say that.......someone should stop people from selling to movie producers even if they are the high bid.

Very cool that he saved it and drives it! All "cool" cars don't have to be in mint condition, that's for sure! But, damn! That thing still looks hurt! What the real shame is, they used a real RoadChicken for a movie car.

that is either a roadrunner (RM21) or a belvedere (RL21) ...they didn't make satellites in pillared coupes.

Looks original Y1 which is possible with a belvedere but highly unlikely and with A/c ....bets are that is a true RM21N0 road runner

Mega cool

that is either a roadrunner (RM21) or a belvedere (RL21) ...they didn't make satellites in pillared coupes.

Looks original Y1 which is possible with a belvedere but highly unlikely and with A/c ....bets are that is a true RM21N0 road runner

Mega cool

The OP stated it is a real Road Runner.....

The OP stated it is a real Road Runner.....

well I am just pointing out supporting details .....the OP always seems to know what he is talking about but I am just supporting with details and he never really specified if it "real" or not.

There are a lot of cars in auto trader that say roadrunner R/T too but sometimes noticing the supporting details add light to what we are looking at.

I can see that, I mainly meant its a "waste" that movie producers keep wrecking old cars, hopefully it can be restored someday...the F&F craze will wear off soon and nobody will remember this car from the film.

I totally agree!

It is pretty cool the guy saved it... That said the car is bashed in pretty good and is not your typical daily driver or rat rod!

that is either a roadrinner (RM21) or a belvedere (RL21) ...they didn't make satellites in pillared coupes.

Mega cool

I find myself doing the same thing! If I could see it, I would even go deeper! You have to, you never know how rare a car can be! I just couldn't leave it dented up! Such beautiful lines on a 70.

i would drive that car around.... i think it would scare the crap out of those guys driving those hondas wiff the muffler that sounds like a fart bag

I still kick myself for not buying the Joe Dirt wing car on eBay for only $16K! I'd still be driving it like it was in the movie.

I've been to a lot of car shows over the years and the coolest car I have seen to this day was a Daytona Charger that was found in a junkyard a few years back. Instead of a full restoration the owner got it road worthy and was driving it in beat up condition. In a field of pristine cars this car drew the biggest crowd. Sure it was a wing car but I see no difference, what would have happened to these cars if no one rescued them? The best part, you don't have to worry about where you park!

I've been to a lot of car shows over the years and the coolest car I have seen to this day was a Daytona Charger that was found in a junkyard a few years back. Instead of a full restoration the owner got it road worthy and was driving it in beat up condition. In a field of pristine cars this car drew the biggest crowd. Sure it was a wing car but I see no difference, what would have happened to these cars if no one rescued them? The best part, you don't have to worry about where you park!

I hear you! In a field of trailer-queens cars like that are an anomaly and that makes them interesting. Three, maybe four years ago I went to Monster Mopar here in St Louis (the next to the last year that they had it here before it imploded) and there was an unrestored '70 Hemi Challenger RT out on the back loop of cars. Unlike it's Hemified E-body show queen cousins at the show, it was completely unassuming sitting there on the back row. It was FK5 Dark Burnt Orange with a V1W white vinyl top. Hood was up and the Hemi was dirty, oily, and scaled with rust. The interior was worn with frayed carpet and a couple of seam splits in the seats. Whoever owned it clearly drove it to the show. I thought it was one of the coolest cars there that year. Wish I had my camera with me when I saw it.

A waste would be if it was scrapped. Its hardly being wasted. It's being used as the owner intends.

A waste is when you spot a nice mopar siting in a field and you stop and ask if its for sale and the owner says....no im going to fix it up one day.

My buddy has an original condition 69 Charger sunroof car! Qtrs are rusty, paint is all faded, interior is ratty, it was sitting for probably 20 years before he resurrected it! He slapped some decent rims and tires on it and drives it as he pleases! When it's at a show, it's the belle of the ball!! People just flock to it for some reason!! It's a super cool looking car that looks like it's been driven daily since day one!! People love that kind of stuff, I mean, anyone and everyone drives a restored car, how often do you see them like this?? Geof

-
Back