70 Swinger 340 4 spd

-

tattarat

Reaction score
I gotta hand it to you guys... I am new to MOPARs, and got this car in non running condition... wasn't sure of what I had or what it would take to fix it, but I was able to use this awesome web page :angel12: to figure everything out... what I had... what I needed... I was able to order everything for a super reasonable price... and low and behold, this baby is up and running!

Thanks forabodiesonly for such an unbelievable resource! I don't even have a shop manual or anything for this car, but was able to straighten out the biggest issue with this car: The shifter ( or lack there of... )

I thought the car might not have the right transmission but was able to confirm it does... Not the original, but it is correct... Shifter was correct as well... No shift rods or levers and an aftermarket mount. Switching to a factory mount and Hurst competition rods/levers and using pictures from this site, I was able to piece it all back together and go for a ride :happy7:. I am in love with this car! Thanks y'all. Yer awesome ;)

Too bad some knucklehead cut the floor... but it's all right now!

Attachments

• DSC04114.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 298
  • DSC04115.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC04116.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC04117.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 264
well... sadly this one is going to be seen in a few minutes in the for sale list. :pale: I got it running, took it around the block... love it but then I started checking things to be sure it will be road worthy... but it is going to take more than I care to do at this time. I bought it to enjoy at the cruise-ins this summer, but no turn signals, no parking lights, only one tail light, no brake lights, needs full exhaust ( headers are shot as is entire exhaust / knew that going in... ) ... I have two other full restoration projects in front of this one so, I'd like to see one of you guys take it where it deserves to go because I am at least 2 years out just on one of mine ( current project ). This car really deserves a high level restoration. The bottom of this car could easily be highly detailed. Not sure if engine is numbers matching. Can't see around the full length headers. Trans in not the original but is correct 70 ball and detent 833 w/ a late Nov '70 assy date and 71 VIN stamp.

Dunno if you'll be able to see these... but here are many photos and a video clip.

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/tattarat/library/Dart?sort=3&page=1

Probably can highlight copy paste...

that's gonna sell quick , nicely priced for a car seldom seen around

Not out to get rich... For me it is all about the cars, and getting them into the hands of those who care. I really wish I had the time and place to hang onto this one. Always been one of my favorite cars since I was in college. I had a 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler 429CJ 4 spd car, and one car that consistently beat me was a 340 Swinger. In fact... same color! Was a 727 though and I prefer 4 spds.... So years later ... here it is... But I gotta be realistic about the number of projects. I also have a 1970 AMX that I was hoping to finish in time for this summer, but not gonna happen...

I really appreciate the folks on this site and this is the only place I am going to advertise it... if it doesn't sell, at least it will still be inside the garage.

Thanks!

-
Back