70 swinger dist. blocks etc

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
i'm redoing the entire brake system on my 70 swinger. its has 4 piston Kelsey Hayes disk in the front and 10" drum in the rear.

I got all new lines and what I thought were the correct dist. proportioning valves, etc.

this Is all that is on the car. see pics. the big block and the rear soft line with the splitter for the rear lines and that was it. nothing else. the little block I ordered in error thinking it was the block for the rear on the axle. its not...its some kinda proportioning valve or something. the two big red Xs over the parts in the diagram do NOT exist on my car....but should they???

am I miss anything or am I supposed to have all the extra blocks like in this ebay auction.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/69-70-Mopar-B-body-3pc-Disc-Brake-Brass-Distribution-Proportioning-Block-Valve-/190820430101?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6dc8b115&vxp=mtr"]69 70 Mopar B Body 3pc Disc Brake Brass Distribution Proportioning Block Valve | eBay[/ame]

the two shiny new pieces were what I thought I needed. the big one it looks like I got the wrong one. and the little one doesn't look like it ever was on my car during its life and certainly wasn't the rear axle splitter I thought it was.

im so confused.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 206
  • photo 2.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Capture.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 223
I think I just figured this out....from staring at these blocks for the last hour....the texas shaped rear valve is built into my original front inner fender valve. so dur I got the wrong front valve. I need to get the same as what I have and return these two other new valves.

correct me if i'm wrong...but all I need is this part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190820430151?

except I don't have other little valve on my car...am I supposed to have that?? the one with the little black rubber boot in the ebay ad.

I think I just figured this out....from staring at these blocks for the last hour....the texas shaped rear valve is built into my original front inner fender valve. so dur I got the wrong front valve. I need to get the same as what I have and return these two other new valves.

correct me if i'm wrong...but all I need is this part.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190820430151?

except I don't have other little valve on my car...am I supposed to have that?? the one with the little black rubber boot in the ebay ad.

I just researched this same issue. I am going to KH discs from 10 drum brakes. The valve you are showing should be a later combination valve. The proportioning valve is integrated in it and is all that is needed. You do not need to use that Texas looking valve. Yes, return them both and buy the valve you referenced from EBay. Just be certain it is a combination safety switch/proportioning valve.

Hope this helps,

Russ

thanks for confirming, i searched the forum and it was helpful as well. i ordered the ones i needed today, along with the metal lines for the calipers themselves.

so the 2 shiny ones would work
... or just the single combination would also work?

Correct... Just a mater of plumbing the seperate ones correctly

That valve combo ain't it - there is only ONE valve down on the frame rail. That set up looks like some universal deal . Ain't saying it won't work, but that's not a stock set up. The same valve was used from at least 1970 thru 1975 - 76. Around 75-76 they went to a cast iron one similar to what was going into B bodies around 73 or so. This is one I took off a 75 Swinger, and it's identical to the stock one in my 70 340 Swinger.

Attachments

• discpkg1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 123
Right the two blocks work in conjunction. The big one on the inner fender wheel and the smaller one on the frame rail.

Or

The single block with the small one built in and mounted on the fender wheel. As you have pictured. This is correct for 70 swinger. But either way gives you the same results.

The two seperate blocks are shown in the dart/challenger shop manual. With the small one on the frame rail. The ones I pictured are not universal, they are repos from inline tube.

I returned the two seperate ones and got the single combo block like you pictured. From the same people

-
Back