70 Swinger Floor pan install

-

340swinger4spd

Reaction score
I must be blind...How the heck does this panel fit the old pan??

20160824_220427.jpg
20160824_220435.jpg

Welcome to FABO. Perhaps you could show us a pic of the part in another position, like out on the shop floor, so we can see the shape of it overall. Something doesn't look right.
P.S. 4 speed? Yellow? what have you got there? We need pics!

Welcome to FABO. Perhaps you could show us a pic of the part in another position, like out on the shop floor, so we can see the shape of it overall. Something doesn't look right.
P.S. 4 speed? Yellow? what have you got there? We need pics!
Well, the mysterie is solved. I was shipped the wrong part. I should have the new pan by Monday

It's a numbers matching 1970 Dart Swinger 340 4 speed. FY1 flat black hood treatment with dual scoops and ofcourse the scat pack rear stripe. It's actually my high school car I bought back in 1987. I drove it for 2 years then had to sell it when I went into the Navy. Fast forward to 2008 when I was able to buy it back. It sat long enough and is now getting some much needed attention.
8981.jpeg

Awesome! I was thinkin' right along those lines. Can't wait to see another '70, 4 speed being saved.

new member with a cool car and smart too - when in doubt- ask! looking forward to seeing that machine being massaged back into shape!

The engine is at the engine builder getting redone. Nothing crazy though. I'm guessing around 415 hp. The axle housing is being blasted. I have new axles upgrading to a 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern. I have a master power 4 wheel disc brake left over from a different build.

My daughter asked if she would be able to drive my Dart since she is 17 (the same age I was when I drove her) Sooo... I am working feverishly to get her back on the road. I will do quarters and outer wheelhouse in the future.

-
Back