70 swinger front disc 4" to 4.5

-

70340gomango

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what I need. I have a 70 340 swinger that has disc brakes on the front but are the small bolt pattren but I would like to go to the lbp. Do I need to get a whole conversion kit or can I just get hub/rotors that are the 4.5 bolt pattern. Not sure if all the components will match up. Any advice will be appreciated.

You can do either. There are a couple of aftermarket brake kits that will re-use the stock spindles and change out the rotors and calipers, and convert to BBP in the process. Wilwood, SSBC, etc.

The other way is to use stock Mopar '73+ A-body, or FMJ spindles. Those need large ball joints though, so you either need to change to 73+ UCA's, or use a set of tapered adaptors from Dr. Diff ($50). Then you need the 73+ spindles, caliper brackets, calipers, and rotors. Since you car is already a disk brake car you don't need to change the master cylinder or the distribution block.

That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to making sure I was looking at it right. Thanks for the info.

What shape are your original rotors and hubs? I still want to use the small bolt pattern if yours are still goo and you want to sell them.

-
Back