70 Swinger Steering Column

-

Dodge 340

Reaction score
I am restoring a 70 Dart Swinger and am currently restoring the steering column. Does anybody know if there is a lamp internally in the column to illuminate the key area or four way flasher or anything?

If your car has the A01 - Light package, then yes to the ignition light.

look on your fender tag.

if your car did not come with it, it is an easy add on. it slides in by your hazard switch. i added it to my dart and it is very cool.

i think if your car has the trunk light that is in the A01 package. not sure about that.
i have two cars with trunk lights. one had the key in light and the other did not. so maybe its another option code for the steering column key in light. there is a timer that plugs into the dash wiring harness also. i think it is a combo hazard/timer or buzzer/timer cant remember which one. the schematic will tell you though.

Last edited:
look on your fender tag.

if your car did not come with it, it is an easy add on. it slides in by your hazard switch. i added it to my dart and it is very cool.

i think if your car has the trunk light that is in the A01 package. not sure about that.
i have two cars with trunk lights. one had the key in light and the other did not. so maybe its another option code for the steering column key in light. there is a timer that plugs into the dash wiring harness also. i think it is a combo hazard/timer or buzzer/timer cant remember which one. the schematic will tell you though.
I have the column apart, I don't see an actual LAMP, but there is a curved metal tube(for no better way to put it) that has a wire to it that goes right around to that area. But again I don't see a lamp, it may be internally in that tube.

I have the column apart, I don't see an actual LAMP, but there is a curved metal tube(for no better way to put it) that has a wire to it that goes right around to that area. But again I don't see a lamp, it may be internally in that tube.

in the same slot as your hazard switch you should either have the key in light or a delete piece of plastic to fill in the extra space if you don't have a key in light.

-
Back