Status
Not open for further replies.

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
preferably on the east coast,minimal rust.Im looking to spend LESS THAN $1000.00.I dont have to have the drive train,but a clear title is a must.If it is a nice enough car,i would be willing to trade my 71 dart for it,minus the drivetrain and ralleys.

man,,,,,,,You could have that if you just finish what you got!!!!get the dang thing finished!!my slanty could take that bucket of bolts Lol Get it finished.then git a colt.....just messin with ya but you should finish that thing,then you won't want to part with it...mark my words that car wll be nice finished up then you can trade it for ten colts,their only 500 lbs lighter but you need a cage and that adds 150 lbs right back,then you need a narrowed rear(not cheap)and tires and wheels(very expensive)and all that labor..............when ya gonna drive it?....finish the dart! J M O :bootysha:

humm,i thought they were lighter than that!Oh well,id rather have the dart then,i like the looks of it,and its pretty far along already,lol

Yea he is I guess that's why we all like him Lol.Tow Beeeee you still the Man!!!

For real,i alwyas wanted a 70s colt to stuff a smallblock in,and make the whole deal look like it rolled out of the factory with it.I have another 8.75 i could narrow to stock width for the colt,have the axles drilled to 4 lug for the stock wheels to fit,etc.If the car is an aut car,im pretty sure they were 904s,so i could retain the stock shifter.I think yall get the idea.

You are right on par with my plan.
Mine ended up rustier then I thought, so we are going to build a frame for it, for safety.
It is getting a small block, narrowed 8.75 with steel wheels, wheel screws and hub caps to keep it all hidden. It might even sprout a GO BABY GO button for the juice.

yes,they were mitsu powered,but they bought 904s from chrysler i think.I know for sure the early d50s had 904s,because when i helped my buddy put the 360 in his,the cross member and drive shaft were bolt in deals,as well as the shifter!We kept waiting for the original rear to explode,with all the burn outs,but it never did.Oh,it had the lincoln locker in it,that everybody says dont live long,it did!

For real,i alwyas wanted a 70s colt to stuff a smallblock in,and make the whole deal look like it rolled out of the factory with it.I have another 8.75 i could narrow to stock width for the colt,have the axles drilled to 4 lug for the stock wheels to fit,etc.If the car is an aut car,im pretty sure they were 904s,so i could retain the stock shifter.I think yall get the idea.
im leaving my 8 3/4-5 lug. mark williams axles.i bought 4 lug weld draglites(front)and 5 lugs for the rear.im also using the stock shifter. the puny 26x8.5 mickey thompsons are way too wide to fit in the front part of the wheel wells,meaning no rear seat.the next item is those leafsprings. will probably destroy them on the first hard launch.considering getting someone to make up a colt sized,super stock a-body rated pair.i fig. if the car sets up too high i can take a leaf or two out! mine had a 904,but still gonna require some hammering to get the 727 in there!

My Colt was a 4 bolt(front and rear) 8.75 with a 340 and a 727. Dual exhaust out the right side of the rear in 1980. But now it is a 545 c.i. big block with a glide and a massive amount of safty equipment.

Id like to see pics of it.Hopefully i can find an un molested colt before im too old to do what i have planned,or too old to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back