70swinger

-

geowd

Reaction score
Stabbed a 340-A833 into a 70 dart with a Lakewood scatter shield and plate. I can not get the fork on the throwout with the pivot bracket in place. I have tried various sized pivots and thought about cutting one down at least a 1/4 inch because of the extra thickness of the Lakewood. should I try pulling the tranny back a little to get the fork on.
Thanks

Stabbed a 340-A833 into a 70 dart with a Lakewood scatter shield and plate. I can not get the fork on the throwout with the pivot bracket in place. I have tried various sized pivots and thought about cutting one down at least a 1/4 inch because of the extra thickness of the Lakewood. should I try pulling the tranny back a little to get the fork on. I cant find a specific fork and pivot for a Lakewood, and all the linkage works with the z-bar, fork, and pedal.
Thanks, Geo

Yo had the same issue on my A833 340 setup in my demon. We couldnt get the clutch fork all the way onto the throwout bearing and had issues with it not shifting into gear. Turned out we had the wrong clutch fork pivot bracket. Believe i ordered a one for small block from either brewers or mancini racing. I also have a lakewood blow proof bellhousing aka scatter shield.
But other than that the clutch fork should clip around the throwout bearing

The fork should be able to be installed after everything is installed in the car? I think the fork and/or pivot is wrong. thanks for your response, Geo.

Tried the fp 848 and others. I'm not shure if the fork and or pivot is correct. I cant get the fork over the pivot and behind the ears and clips of the throwout bearing. Brewers should be a great help. Thanks for your help, Geo.

-
Back