71 4door dart full suspension help

-

Dartemus

1971 4-door Dart Classic
Reaction score
lot of play in steering. im assuming nothing done suspension wise for QUITE a LONG time.
want to redo everything. where to start?

bushing kit recomendations?
springs?
shocks?

You start by figuring out what you want this car to do when your done with it and how much you want to spend. If your looking for a road track car its going to be complete different than a drag car and different still a daily driver. If you just looking to freshen somethings up (assuming you have already done whatever it is you want to do with you front brakes) you can just but a suspension rebuild kit from summit or any other place of your choice. Personally I did the Scarbird disk brake conversion on my Dart already so when the big block goes in I'm going to replace everything. Upper and lower control arms from QA1, Moog ball joints, new torsion bars, etc...

It is a daily driver. will never see strip. Will see freeway and passing. will see spirited drives down back roads and some "check this out" with buddies. I drive it to and from work daily about 30 miles.

have the 5 on 4 bolt pattern and new 17' wheels mounted so no break swaps in the near future (disc conversion requires 5 on 4.5 correct?)

I would just buy a rebuild kit and call it that. You could buy KH brakes if you don't want to change to the 5 on 4.5

You don't have to switch to a 5x4.5 when switching to disks. The cheapest way is doing the ScarBird conversation. With that said they is a complete factory KD set up for sale right now in the for sale section for a good price.

Sounds like your car is going to see about the same use as my dart. I personally figured I might as well spend a little more now and get some better upper and lower control arms from QA1 and a bigger torsion bar. But if you’re happy with how the car handles now and just want to freshen it up then a rebuild kit from the likes of Summit would work.

You don't have to switch to a 5x4.5 when switching to disks. The cheapest way is doing the ScarBird conversation. With that said they is a complete factory KD set up for sale right now in the for sale section for a good price.

have a link? thanks!

It is a daily driver. will never see strip. Will see freeway and passing. will see spirited drives down back roads and some "check this out" with buddies. I drive it to and from work daily about 30 miles.

have the 5 on 4 bolt pattern and new 17' wheels mounted so no break swaps in the near future (disc conversion requires 5 on 4.5 correct?)

You can do the rear jeep conversion with multi drilled rotors I believe if you have an 8 1/4 rear

-
Back