71/72 b body rear in an abody?

-
71-72 body rear are wider than the 67-70 b body rear so you'll have to get it narrowed, how much I do not know.

I don't think its a '71-72 b rear. More like a '65-'69 C body. The 61.75" drum to drum number lines up perfect with a C body rear from those years, and the 742 would match that as well.

In a Duster, the 68-70 B rear works well with 8 or 9" wide rims that have about 6" of backspace if the springs are in the stock location. But those are 60 1/8" drum to drum. With a 61.75" wide rear, you'd be looking at close to 7" of backspace. The '10-'14 Mustangs run that much, so there are rims out there if you want to go that way, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

I just realized you're talking about a '70 Dart. That wide of a rear end is going to wreak havoc with fitting rims on a Dart. The backspacing you'd need is still in the 7" range. The best you can do on a Torque Thrust M is 6.77" of backspace on a 17x9", which is going to put it closer to the quarters than you want. I'm not sure that you could get a tire to fit that without rubbing. A 245/45/17 might work, but that's a pretty narrow tire for a 17x9. The best you can do with a TTM in 17x8 is 5.68, which isn't even close to enough backspacing.

You might be able to make a 61.75" wide rear work in a Duster or Barracuda, but on a Dart it's just going to be a headache. I'd pass on this one.

-
Back