71-72 duster hood for a dart

-
Hey guys sorry for the late reply I’ve read all your posts and I will post pictures as soon as I take some I’ve been real busy with work but will post them as soon as possible thank you all for the suggestions and advice it really does help I do know a great deal about the body styles and such so I’m just trying to find anything that I can that will fit and close up the engine bay my only question rn would is are the fenders different for all the different year darts? Like at the 70-72 fenders different from the 73-76? And if so how do I tell the difference my car came with no front in in terms of grills headlights hood and bumper only thing I have are the fenders that’s why I’m not worried about how the front will look necessarily just as long as I can get the hood to somewhat line up with the fenders because I was gonna custom make my grill anyway and then I can source a bumper depending on what hood I get the photos that I’m posting are photos from when I first looked at the car but the grill is long gone as it was never properly mounted or in good condition

8581EBD0-FBD0-482B-9EDA-A6AC95A47F60.jpeg

0180D124-4744-4F89-9254-2BCFE5531E08.jpeg

Those are ‘72 Dart/Demon fenders. It appears you are also missing the hood latch support panel, which is probably why the grille didn’t fit right either.
A Duster hood will not fit with your current fenders.

73-76 Dart fenders are different, they are a single piece and have no provision for a lower valance panel because 73-76 Darts didn’t have one. The ‘70-72 fenders have that fender extension that bolts to the front of the fender, have mounts for the lower valance, and do not have the mounts for the upper header panel (the beak) found on the ‘73-76 Darts.

So as your car sits now, you need a ‘70-72 Dart/Demon hood and a ‘70-72 Dart or Demon hood latch support panel.

Anything other than a ‘70-‘72 Dart hood will also require you to switch the rest of your front clip (fenders, bumper, valance) to match whatever hood you want. But more than likely it would be cheaper to buy a new fiberglass ‘70-72 Dart hood than buy an entire front clip from something else.

-
Back