Status
Not open for further replies.

LXguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Hey All:

Selling my 340. Magnum is going well and this is just sitting. I have regularly turned it and run the oil pressure up while I've had it. Heads are currently off so buyer can inspect. If it doesn't sell quick I will reassemble for ease of storage.

This is heads, rockers, pushrods, complete short block, timing cover, water pump, balancer, oil filter adapter, and oil pan.

J heads (I believe 1.88 valve, but I don't know for sure), mild Crane cam (216/228 .454/.480), .040 over, L2316F Sealed Power forged pistons. Heads did have exhaust studs broken off in the back two holes. These have been fixed. NO HELICOILS.

Rebuilt a while ago, but low miles on it. has bushing for stick, but will work with auto as well. Have lots of paperwork on it.

Motor is very clean inside. One bore shows minor rust, no ridge on cylinders. I'd run it like it is, but I'm selling it for core price, so, up to you!

Have lots of other 340 stuff available for extra, and will make package deals. Air cleaners, intakes, thermoquads, motor mounts, front accessories and AC parts, etc.

$750.00 OR BEST OFFER

I'm in Champaign, IL. PM me here.

Thanks FABO!
SAM_2279.jpg

SAM_2276.jpg

SAM_2274.jpg

SAM_2283.jpg

SAM_2280.jpg

SAM_1645.jpg

SAM_1646.jpg

SAM_1642.jpg

SAM_2284.jpg

This has to be an early 72 from the VIN and casting date on the block.

Late Aug/Sept built car is my guess.

I have a car with an SPD of Oct 19 and a vin of 201xxx

Wish I could find the original engines for my 72 Cars... :(

When we launched a new model year, we usually had a two week shutdown in late june early july. They usually staggered the launches every two weeks so the design folks would not get overwhelmed with multiple launches on the same day/week. Sometimes the same design guys worked on two or three different models. By staggering the launches, the design guys could be there to support the first production models and make sure they were ok. If there were any "issues" the cars would be contained until the fix could be identified and the parts modified to fix the problem. Then retrofit them in the models that were already built and contained before releasing them for shipping. Usually all new models were launched/begin build by the end of July.

When they launched a totally new model, all vehicles were contained in the parking lots and held for a minimum of a month while the first production models were sent to design center and tested. If any problems were found, the cars would be held until the fix could be made to the offending parts and retrofitted in the built models while using the "new and improved" part in production. Typically, they would change the part for production and then get volunteers to work overtime to retrofit the cars built that were on hold. I could sometimes take a month or two to get all of the early models that were contained fixed. They would be released as they were fixed.

If no problems were found, then they would release all cars in containment once design engineering gave the go ahead.

They usually do not run the assembly line at full speed during a launch. They slowly ramp up to production volumes over a few weeks. This allows the assembly line operators get familiar with the new parts and processes slowly and surely until they become comfortable, and then let them run at regular speed.

Lowered price.

Its a great deal on a really good engine. I'm giving it a short time at this price, then I'm going hunting for a project to drop it into.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back