71 Bcuda Grill Resto Pics

-

rklein383

Reaction score
Not an a-body but applicable for any ABS plastic grill. I bought a 6x12x1/8 inch sheet of gray abs plastic off ebay for a few bucks. Cut up the pieces into small chunks, put in a small glass jar, and poured acetone about 1/4 inch over top of pieces. I let that soak for a day or so to make a goo glue mixture. When using this, it chemically welds the plastic together. I even created small pieces with it. When it hardens, it is just as strong as the original plastic. It is actually very easy. I wish I would have bought all those grills I saw in the yards over the years that were cracked. Could have easily restored them. Oh well.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3033.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3027.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3031.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3024.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3036.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3035.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 104
I am working on a new boss for the headlight trim ring. I cut off the threads of a 1/4 inch bolt and am forming the plastic around it. When it sets up, I will slide it off and weld it to the grill. I will have to build it up a bit, sand it...should be good as new.

I am working on a new boss for the headlight trim ring. I cut off the threads of a 1/4 inch bolt and am forming the plastic around it. When it sets up, I will slide it off and weld it to the grill. I will have to build it up a bit, sand it...should be good as new.

Well, the bolt trick didn't work. I used a straw the second time and it worked better.

-
Back