'71 Dart 6.4L swap progress being made!

-
Have you took her for a spin yet?
I've taken it out for some limited miles - I still need to have my tuner go through the ECU since the "temporary tune" was with stubs off of the headers, and not the full exhaust. She's definitely running toasty at highway speeds, so it'll be "cruisin' speed" for now. That's scheduled for the 13th, and then I'll be able to really uncork the performance.

In the limited shots I've done - it's EXTREMELY fast. 5-70 (it stumbles if I give too much gas from launch) is near instant! I'll try and catch some video - The biggest thing I love so far is that with the TTI Exhaust it SOUNDS like an old-school muscle car, and not like a Charger / Challenger Scat Pack.

OH BOY! That tune was WAAAY off. I was pinging under medium load - I think the boys were using best-case gas assumptions, but that's OK - 30 minutes in the car with live tuning, and before you know it, it's dialed in! They had to take 10 degrees of advance out of the timing curve.

My tuner got a nice update for lean cruising, and go fast mode for hard on the throttle. The car is running significantly better, it's now 195F or less at highway (70+) speeds.

Put it all together, was driving home, and a nice gentleman told me "Nice car, but you got no tail lights!" So I dug into that - the switch was disconnected since I picked up the car... tested it - switch is BROKEN. Thanks for letting me know, other shop! Ordered a few switch options and I'll be jumping under the column tonight to get that resolved.

Now we're back to the "finishing stuff" - which takes 3-4 weeks to get it buttoned up, only to have it ready for Winter Storage. Whatever. It's in the garage. It's real. And the 2024 season is gonna be fantastic!!!

I'll try to get some video today or tomorrow.

I got her out for a show today. Nothing but positive reactions, most common comment was “how the hell did you fit it in there?”

IMG_7152.jpeg

IMG_7153.jpeg

-
Back