71 Dart Front Split Bench

-

gerahead

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I have been stripping down my seats so that I can work on them inside this winter.

#1. The fiber board panels that are under the seat cover, covering the large opening in the back of the front sides have some mold on them. I would like to replace these with new material and use the old ones as patterns to cut new ones. Has anyone out there done this? What did you use for material and where did you find the material? The originals are in really good shape except for the mold., if need be, I will clean them, repaint and reinstall.

#2. I am changing the interior color from what I call baby diaper brown to black. There are a couple of small pieces of molded plastic that are molded in the interior color that I will need to re-color (e.g. the small piece on the seat base where the inner pivot point for the seat backs are located and the escutcheon for the headrest support rods). What have you guys used for paint to change colors on parts like this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! L8r

Jim

1. I would reach out to Legendary interiors for the cardboard seat-back pieces. They offer them. When I redid my seats, thankfully mine were in good shape and able to be reused because I didn't order them with my replacement upholstery.

2. SEM vinyl dye is what I used to change color of my headrests from Green to Black. They turned out well but I need to apply their clear coat product yet to to restore the sheen of the vinyl

-
Back