71 Dart instrument panel

-

craigb

Reaction score
Anyone know if this capacitor? should be plugged in? It is located on the back side of 71 Dart instrument panel. It has a male terminal and is not plugged into anything. What is it's function?

Attachments

• Dart dash.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 101
I believe the spade tip is supposed to slide along side the left terminal of the voltage limiter. the slot in the PC board is just wide enough for both.
This is somewhat similar to your application. See how the condenser shares the slot:

Attachments

• voltage limiter.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 100
Not sure what the voltage limiter is but has to be close judging by the length of the wire. The picture is of a spare instrument panel, I should be able to figure it out before I crawl back under the dash. Thanks

Not sure what the voltage limiter is but has to be close judging by the length of the wire. The picture is of a spare instrument panel, I should be able to figure it out before I crawl back under the dash. Thanks
The voltage limiter is the silver module in your picture and in the one I posted.
It limits the voltage to the fuel and temp gauges to only 5 volts.
They can be problematic. Some have created their own solid state versions, others (like me) buy the ones already upgraded.

http://rt-eng.com/rte/index.php/RTE_limiter

-
Back