Status
Not open for further replies.

71dartswinger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For Sale Or TRADE for a Station Wagon or D100 truck
Car is unrestored slant 6 82,000 miles i have put 42,000 on from sept 2001 till now as my daily driver.
new front seat cover and new carpet 4 years ago / super six 2 bbl intake on car
new ss piston kelsey hayes calipers from SSBC last year runs great .gas tank treated this year.
only rust is at the corners of rear window (dime size biggest area) and some small spots in rear rockers behind tire.
all paint except engine compartment is orginial
$ 5500.00 FIRM PRICE or trade for a mopar wagon or pickup d100 in equal condition.

power steering/power kelsey hayes disc brakes/904 trans have copy of window sticker and build sheet

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 2,404
more pictures

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2,378
  • 008.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,377
  • 009.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 2,405
  • 010.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,376
  • 011.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 2,378
  • 012.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,393
only have had two lookers one had to sell his car and other did not ever send anything back about car. and two low ball offers while driving down road
and a couple of trade offers

since everyone else is afraid to,and the owner seems to be complaining about the lack of lookers/offers,i might as well say it......
it's a very nice car,and would make a great daily driver,that said,it's just a slant 6 dart. period. nothing special,ma mopar built hundreds of thousands of them. you have the car priced like a very nice,modified V-8 car. i am sure you have alot in the car,and i in no way mean to be derogatory,it's just the facts. look around,there are lots of slant 6 dusters and darts,in very nice shape,for sale all over the world. most are priced from $2000-$4000 and are not selling.period. a good driver condition slant 6 A-body is a $1500 car on it's best day. sorry,not my opinion. take a good look around. thats just what they are changing hands for. any of them priced over that,are still for sale. it's a tough market. for all cars.

since everyone else is afraid to,and the owner seems to be complaining about the lack of lookers/offers,i might as well say it......
it's a very nice car,and would make a great daily driver,that said,it's just a slant 6 dart. period. nothing special,ma mopar built hundreds of thousands of them. you have the car priced like a very nice,modified V-8 car. i am sure you have alot in the car,and i in no way mean to be derogatory,it's just the facts. look around,there are lots of slant 6 dusters and darts,in very nice shape,for sale all over the world. most are priced from $2000-$4000 and are not selling.period. a good driver condition slant 6 A-body is a $1500 car on it's best day. sorry,not my opinion. take a good look around. thats just what they are changing hands for. any of them priced over that,are still for sale. it's a tough market. for all cars.

That car is worth more than $1500. The reason? It's a Two-Door Hardtop. To most people, that's more important than the engine under the hood. The only thing keeping it from being a $5000 dollar car is the paint bubbling; that could be a deal breaker to a potential buyer. I could see this car go for around $3500 - $4000.

i didn't say his car is a $1500 car. the world around us,and the market is who says it. take a good look around,there are ALOT of slant 6 darts/dusters FOR SALE for more than that. but,that is just it, FOR SALE. and still for sale,and still for sale,and still for sale. there is a big difference in for sale,and selling.

I didn't say that "you" think the car is worth $1500. That was not my implication at all. I was merely pointing out the fact that the car is worth more than that because it is a Two-Door Hardtop. Since I quoted your previous post, I guess it's fair to assume I was questioning the price estimate as your own; I wasn't.

it's just a shame,these little cars are great commuters. packing one of the most bulletproof engines on the planet,and plenty of good ole american steel,they are tough to beat for something good,relable,and trusty to drive. and unfortunately,they get the crap end of the stick in the market.
there are so many cars out there,that are really great cars,that just get no respect. or value.
my personnel pick, i love me a dodge mirada. i think they are beautiful,stylish,and cool cars. but,they are not worth a plug nickel. i here recently,a guy in kansas had an 82 for sale,318,buckets,t-top,loaded car,with 31,*** original,garage kept car. i mean show quality,mint car. he finally sold it,after 3 years for sale,for $2500!!!!!!!!
i would love to buy up,and keep them all,but,i don't want to get "stuck" with them either,should i decide i want to sell to get something else. so i am in the same boat,i won't pay much for them either.

Sorry guys..to me it is worth more than the asking price..clean, low mileage daily driver with cragars..and two door.. perfect car to restomod..

What has been left out in the equation are the variables..time of year and location. Where I live, it may have an 8K price.

Just because he hasn't sold it in a week doesn't mean it is not going to sell..heck, it is almost x-mas..most sposes wouldn't like you bring home another car..don't be discouraged.

Lastly, I am starting to get irritated with the folks that don't think a bodies are worth anything and should all be prices under 1.5K... times are a changing..

My 2 cents..

the thing about the price is I do not have to sell my car
so the price is what it is valued at to me i do not have any where
near what i am asking in it.
I just need a change and my hobby of R/C airboats requires a larger car
the reason for a station wagon.
i have not seen any Darts in florida even close to the condition of mine
for less than 3000.00 the two who looked at my car said that it is the straightest and has the least rust of any thing they have looked at.
so its still 5500.00
CHECK THIS FORUM FOR 1500.00 DARTS IN THIS CONDITION THERE ARE NONE!!!!
I would like to find a Dart in the same condition as mine for 1500.00 i would buy it and put 5.7 hemi in it
Mopar Muscle Magazine had my car for three months trying to put 5.7 in with slant six k frame will not work
and they would not alter car because it is a straight great cond car.
the largest rust spot is the size of a dime

the thing about the price is I do not have to sell my car
so the price is what it is valued at to me i do not have any where
near what i am asking in it.
I just need a change and my hobby of R/C airboats requires a larger car
the reason for a station wagon.
i have not seen any Darts in florida even close to the condition of mine
for less than 3000.00 the two who looked at my car said that it is the straightest and has the least rust of any thing they have looked at.
so its still 5500.00
CHECK THIS FORUM FOR 1500.00 DARTS IN THIS CONDITION THERE ARE NONE!!!!
I would like to find a Dart in the same condition as mine for 1500.00 i would buy it and put 5.7 hemi in it
Mopar Muscle Magazine had my car for three months trying to put 5.7 in with slant six k frame will not work
and they would not alter car because it is a straight great cond car.
the largest rust spot is the size of a dime

It's a beautiful car. I have my Harley for sale that I have asked half of what I have in the bike and was more interested in a trade. You should see the junk offered. But every now and then would get something legit and have nice thoughts for awhile. I have a local gentleman, after adv. my bike for alomost a year offering me a bone stock fully optioned 1970 Dart Swinger w/225 and 48,000 original one owner garage kept miles on it car. It was handed down from a 90 year old upon passing to a 70 year old daughter, to a 45 year old grandson who is more interested in a Harley. He thinks my Harley is worth way more to him than the car. We finally got to look at it inside and out and it is Cherry!!! We'd be nuts to turn it down. Now on the flipside, a young man wants to buy our bike ral bad, but can't afford very much but the bottom dollar. That bottom dollar would allow me to buy a '69 Dart that needs very little work and put extra, extra cash in my pocket and allow the little work to take place and pay off some bills. It's 300 miles away and the '70 Dart is 3 blocks away. The '69 needs about $2000 grand to be sweet, and the '70 needs nothing and could be shown (and I mean it is awesome fully optioned grandma car). Stand your ground and keep fightin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back