71 Demon 340

-

eschroeder1

A-body Freak
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I originally owned a 71 Demon 340 in high school (back in 1983) and have never really been able to shake the notion of getting another. Well last July I was able to rescue one from a guy who converted a 340 Demon to a drag car. He had done quite a bit of modification including cutting up the floor hump, the K member, the hood, and blowing out the third member.

The cars really only saving grace is that the body is incredibly rock solid and straight. Check out the pic. It had been sitting in my shop since and finally, I got some time and started painstakingly taking it apart and documenting everything as I went to include diagrams, photographs, and bagging and labeling all the bolts.

Here are the numbers:

N42 R11 V6X V8X EN1
GB5 U G15 M21 M43 N41
GB5 E2X9 TX9 826 064810
E55 D13 LM29 H1B 117731
Build date: 09 70

As you can see the car was originally equipped with a bench seat and 3 sp tranny. I'm going back with a 4 speed, bucket seats and vinyl top, with tuff wheel, center tach, rear spoiler, hood scoops, and KH front power disc brakes. Just about got all the major parts I'm going to need all together.

I've bought a lot of parts from FABO members and need more including:

A rear marker light housing
A heater box
A tach
A headlight harness

Let me know what you think.

Eric

P1010023.jpg

Great project. You'll be very happy when it's dome.

please change them front brakes before u kill your self / nice start mines a 10/70 built date. i hope to start the engine install in aweek or two.

This looks like another great rebuild. Your car looks to be real good shape for a solid resto. I want a 340 Demon myself but they seem to be hard to find down south...

Looks like a VERY nice solid project. You can get an engine/forward harness from Year One for a little over $200.00. It is top notch quality.

I've been working on my '71 Demon for 5 years and finally got it going!!!
Keep us posted

Way to save another one. Looks to be in nice shape. Good luck one the build. 340 4 speeds are a lot of fun!

-
Back