71 Demon 5x4.5" front disc swap questions

-
You need the 73-76 uppers to use that stuff.

I'd find a complete FMJ spindle set up and some good 73-76 A body uppers.

Using what you have is a bit like reinventing the wheel.

If I was going to the larger bolt pattern I would find a pair of 73 up a-body spindles at least. FMJ will work but anyone coming behind you will have a hard time figuring out what replacement parts to ask for. Imagine that getting much worse with Some Ford and GM pieces in the mix. its tough enough getting the correct parts from todays part stores already.
Even if you resort to aftermarket tubular upper arms they will use the stock serviceable parts. Just my .02 Good luck

gotchya they would have to be damn near free for me to consider it as money is tight and I have the 68 spindles right now and a control arm is not out of the question but...

how about redrilling the 9" drum hat to 4.5" bolt circle think it has enough meat to do so(don't have one in front of me or to look at as it's on the car a 30 minute drive away ATM)? OR a small spindle drum hat with 5x4.5"BC

I was just doing a bit more research and seen Scarebird has 10" disc swap stuff for the stock 9" drum spindle using a Toyota Previa front rotor/chevy caliper -which Previa's are 5x4.5" BC

If I was going to the larger bolt pattern I would find a pair of 73 up a-body spindles at least. FMJ will work but anyone coming behind you will have a hard time figuring out what replacement parts to ask for. Imagine that getting much worse with Some Ford and GM pieces in the mix. its tough enough getting the correct parts from todays part stores already.
Even if you resort to aftermarket tubular upper arms they will use the stock serviceable parts. Just my .02 Good luck
I hear ya everywhere I see 73+ parts people are asking a mint it seams... I really only want 5x4.5"BC because the rear end already has it and to run Weld Prostars or it wold stay SBP and get a 8 3/4"

-
Back