71 Demon back together and kicking butt on the street

-

Aquick408

Reaction score
So, after having my Demon down and out for the last 9 months, I finally got the motor back in today and got to log some miles on it this afternoon. I had to have cylinder #4 sleeved and replace a piston and rod, as well as 1 Exhaust valve, 4 exhaust guides, a valve seat, and valve job. While on my test drive to break everything in, I get provoked by a Neon Srt4. I'll be darned if I am gonna let some punk fool with me. At the next available light he does the old rev it up and let the blow off valve blow. Light turns green and I let my car go at like 1800 RPM and start hazing the tires(Been a while since I've worked the clutch in this car), I back pedal and stay out in front of him as his car has not built any boost yet. Since I was breaking in the motor I short shifted and ran through 3 gears.....up to about 85-90 MPH and pulled away from him the whole way till I let off. Just funny that I could not go more than 10 miles in the car b4 I was being provoked for a race LOL
1220092261.jpg

Looks good!, Now don't break it again..LOL..I know how long the wait is to get them running again

Those SRT Neons are neat little cars, not my style though, ( too many doors!) Those guys sure are proud of their blow off valves, aren't they ?

I like the SRT4's as far as the newer cars go, but why do they try to play with the old muscle, kind of pointless isn't it. Glad to hear you put him in his place where he belongs!

Those SRT Neons are neat little cars, not my style though, ( too many doors!) Those guys sure are proud of their blow off valves, aren't they ?
The Demon looks good. I had an SRT-4 that was a fun car. It was white and a blast to drive. Unfortunately too many tool bags own them and you get harassed and looked down upon just driving around. I rarely drove the car but would get revved on everytime. Thing only ran 13.4 in the quarter hardly a fast car by todays standards. Wither way the Demon looks awesome love the color scheme and wheels!:cheers:

Nice Demon. It must be something about them though, I had to outrun a guy in a 350 S10 the very first time I had my Demon out this year. He was amazed that I could outrun him so easily.

everyone that i have ran into that owns a srt4 is in denial that its a neon lol. no matter what they try to say, its still a neon. i like your demon, it looks very nice.

thats a niice demon,love the wheels and paint congrats
talking about the wheels what are they (size and brand)? hahaha

I like the SRT4's as far as the newer cars go, but why do they try to play with the old muscle, kind of pointless isn't it. Glad to hear you put him in his place where he belongs!

Hardly pointless. The stock 1/4 mile time of an SRT4 is as fast or faster than most of the stock times of old muscle.

Many street driven SRT4s are in the 12s.

Hardly pointless. The stock 1/4 mile time of an SRT4 is as fast or faster than most of the stock times of old muscle.

Many street driven SRT4s are in the 12s.

True! My STOCK SRT-4 ran a 13.68 in vegas! Its one of the fastest times I have ever heard of for a srt,must have been a factory freak,cause I would stomp muscle cars and modern camaros and mustangs all day!

I give them respect, cause you just never know what they are packing. I worked on one once in my shop that had a stage three kit and nitrous, I am sure it could rip off 11's with ease if needed. Thanks for the comments guys I love this car as it was a project for a kid from day 1, I have owned it now for 12 years and built it in spurts to achieve what I have. Although it is a hybrid of sorts 74 Dart Sport/ 71 Demon/ 70 Duster, it is exactly what I wanted, a small block 4 speed A body. The wheels are Centerline Torque Thrusts 17x8 in rear and 16x7 in front rear tires are Firestone wide oval z rated 235/45/17's and fronts are 215/55/16. Car handles great and it is impossible to get my 2.5 year old son out of the back seat now, he loves riding in Daddies Car.

srt4`s are good rolling race cars but not too good drag racers unless you spend another fortune on them that front wheel drive and manual hurt them ,there is a quick one at my local track but he sunk a ton of money in it he`s running in the 11`s

Nice car quick 408.

An for srt neons.
Yeh end of the day,it IS a neon.
But that isnt a good thing if you get spanked by one.
Because you just got your arse handed to you,by a neon.
Regardless of car,make, if its quick,its quick!
An for a standard type car, the srt4 is quick!

Power to weight ratio,does wonders...

-
Back