71 demon emblems

-

alg

Reaction score
anyone know where I can find info for the proper location of front fender and tail panel demon emblems for this car? I would rather use measurements than just guess.
Thanks in advance.

Someone on here posted these so I downloaded them.

DSC02501.JPG

DSC02500.JPG

DSC02499.JPG

DSC02498.JPG

DSC02497.JPG

DSC02496.JPG

DSC02495.JPG

DSC02494.JPG

PERFECT! Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much.
I started studying these pictures to place my emblems and do not see a legend to decipher the numbers on the fender nor tail panel drawings. I don’t have the body stripes but need to determine placement for fenders and tail panel. It is not a 340 car. On the pictures you have, did you see anywhere where there are actual measurements or a legend? Or am I missing something.

I actually didn't study the pictures, I just saw them and saved them for later for when I install them on my one car. I'll look at the pictures this evening and compare the measurements, if any, to the other one I have. That has the original stripes on it still. I'll report back to you to what I find.

Carl

I actually didn't study the pictures, I just saw them and saved them for later for when I install them on my one car. I'll look at the pictures this evening and compare the measurements, if any, to the other one I have. That has the original stripes on it still. I'll report back to you to what I find.

Carl
Thanks. I appreciate it.

Ok well I may be of no help here. You're right as far as not having good measurements on the pictures of the drawings. I never even looked at them. Maybe the guy who posted them originally can get some better pictures of the drawings?

Now this car has never been in an accident and no panels replaced as far as the original owner has told me.

I found out that the guy who put the decals on the right side of the car did something different then the guy on the left. Or they were put on after a liquid lunch?

So here's what I have, maybe you can use something here?

On the right fender the decal is 1 3/4" up from the body line to the bottom of the decal. On the left side it is 2 3/8" up from the body line.

Both are pulled from the fender at the door body line.

Looks as if they just did what they felt looked ok? Lol

Hope this helps you out.

Carl

20220614_164831.jpg

20220614_164842.jpg

20220614_165042.jpg

20220614_165358.jpg

20220614_165605.jpg

20220614_165717.jpg

20220614_165727.jpg

20220614_165733.jpg

20220614_165757.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Carl. I’ve taken this car to three shows. Two people knew what it is. One guy thought it was a mustang! Very few of these around. Want to keep it as stock as I can. I should have taken measurements before I started the restoration. I just kinda revel in the fact that it’s my first new car. .

Haha, cool. I'm sure anywhere close will be fine as you can see how they did things on the assembly line! Split the difference of the measurements I show. Ha! That'll probably be the correct spot!

Haha, cool. I'm sure anywhere close will be fine as you can see how they did things on the assembly line! Split the difference of the measurements I show. Ha! That'll probably be the correct spot!
I tend to agree. Besides, in ‘71 and ‘72, who thought there would be any of these things left in 50+ years.

Very cool drawings. One thing I noticed is how high up the stripe is over the gas cap. Many cars seem to place it below the handle and the bottom ends up right at the wheel lip opening.

Grant

-
Back