71 demon feeler thread, to sell or to build

-

discharger1332

Reaction score
the wife has an opertunity to change our living situation, i think i should sell off the project and invest in our future now rather than spend $$$ we dont have to build it and have sentimental attachment.

PROJECT: 71 demon, orig /6 3 by knee. currently running and driving registered and insured.

1971 360 block currently in the machine shop going .030 over. scat 4" cast crank, reconditioned 340 floating rods, kb356 +.030, fully ported 360 heads(done by 1wild&crazyguy) 2.02 1.60, rpm intake, a couple of different cams, 1 mopar and 1 huges both new.

1970 rebuilt a-833 4 speed, hurst super comp shifter, still need a few parts for the swap but car has factory hump and pedals z bar what not.
car is sitting on 14x8 rear and 14x6 front slot mags with almost new BFG's.

1971 a-body 8 3/4 w/ 3:23 sure grip complete from drum to drum, brakes need redone also have new drive shaft with u joints installed, and a seperate 489 center w/ 4:30 richmond gears and new sure grip ready to go. and a used set of s/s leaf springs, 002 003.

car itself has some rust but i have 90% of replacment parts needed. i have 2 fenders, 2 doors, front floor pans, tire well, and some stuff not needed so much like complete rockers and striker pillars just because the strikers are loose. i think the only thing needed to finish the body is lower quarters.
there is lots of other stuff in my garage as well, im sure i am forgetting something.

i am positive i could get alot more for it if i built it but the emotional attachment makes it harder and harder to let go. my plan has been to finally build one for myself. but maybee later on in life?

IMO.....sounds like you got a lot of cash tied up into it already..why not keep it.....wrap it up and stick it in a corner till your ready to get back at it...unless you need the moeny thats what i would do..just sit on it...then one day when your ready you still have it and can get started.

next stop: regret city !!! you will regret it and pay more later trying to replace it and re-create what you have now......

OR you can make it easy and keep it that way its always there, if your in the mood to work on it ......if not then it can just sit there ....it dont eat and dont cost anything to sit in your backyard and faithfully wait for you to work on it

i wish it were free to keep cars, here in the city it costs me $100 a month to keep a car that isnt registered. i would love to live somewhere i could just have cars. I do have a garage, but its tiny. if i squeeze a car in, i cant work on it. and there's a telephone pole in the way of geting a car in, it sucks.

-
Back