71 Demon Fuel Line Question

-

Raupleminze

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My brother and I have started to run the fuel line on his 71 Dodge Demon and have run into a few problems. The car will be a street/strip car. The car is going to have a 360 installed, a mechanical fuel pump, and has a new reproduction fuel tank and sending unit. We had a prebent one piece fuel line from inline tube and thats where the problems started.

45916734.jpg

The car has sub frame connectors welded in and they are completely in the way. We made an attempt to run the line making one cut near the rocker to install a fuel filter. Basically, we kept running into problems. So we though about possible running AN lines. What we are unsure of is how to install? Can an AN line be adapted to a mechanical fuel pump? A factory sending unit? Can or should the lines be installed on the inside or outside of the frame rails?

My fear was the driveshaft and exhaust heat if installed on the inside of the frame rails, but that would be the most direct/easiest route.

I am also wondering how to run the vent line? I believe the sending unit is set up for a 5/16" vent.

I appreciate any advice you guys might have.

Thanks,
Brian

Cut a relief hole in the connector where the line needs to pass through. Small splice and done.

What about your sending unit connection? Did you run a vent line?

I'm running a fuel cell so I couldn't help you much with a repro tank on the vent and sending unit. I'm sure someone else will have some input on that.

-
Back