71 Demon Hood scoopes

-

deputybob2004

Reaction score
I was wanting to put some hood scoopes on my demon,and I see there are 2 styles out there.
One is a single hood scoope,with 2 openings, and just duel scoopes like on a dart.
Question is , "are they both acceptable and correct?" And were they both an option for that year?
Thanks for your help

the correct scoop sets are the 2 seperate ones for 71 and the single with 2 openings for 72. i have seen the chrome trim on the front of the double scoops black ,and left chrome, hope this helps you,

maz72 not sure if it was an option on 72 duter or not. i want to say no but somebody with a bit more noledge on the 72's might help u more. i do kow that the single came on the 73 340 duster and was an option on the dart sports.

demon71 said:
maz72 not sure if it was an option on 72 duter or not. i want to say no but somebody with a bit more noledge on the 72's might help u more. i do kow that the single came on the 73 340 duster and was an option on the dart sports.
you know this has always bothered me. i have never seen a book or a factory photo showing the single scoop with 2 openings on a duster as original. only the twin single scoops 70-71. i have heard people say that their duster came with this but i have no proof of it. not trying to dispute it ,but just no proof....

72 & up Dusters never came from the factory with the single scoop but I'm sure alot of them got them installed at the dealers.

Only 72 Demons and 73 & up Dart Sports could get the single scoop from the factory with the two 4" fresh air cutouts.

It's a mystery why Dusters didn't get them. :scratch:

MY340 said:
72 & up Dusters never came from the factory with the single scoop but I'm sure alot of them got them installed at the dealers.

Only 72 Demons and 73 & up Dart Sports could get the single scoop from the factory with the two 4" fresh air cutouts.

It's a mystery why Dusters didn't get them. :scratch:

this is the only info that i too have found to be true as well. i have never seen any concrete evidence to say anything different. no factory photos, or factory information from brochures, or books.

Yep the 71 Demon had the dual scoops like on my boys Dart. Ron

53303402.jpg

-
Back