71 Demon Rallye Dash bulb change.

-

demong

Reaction score
Anyone out there know of any easy way to change the bulb behind the speedometer without removing the dash? I figure you need fingers like ET cos there is little room to move.

Cheers Guys...

I had to change several of mine and got on my back under the dash with a shop light and started feeling my way around. They come out easily (twist out) and replcced them and they now work fine.

Just reach up their and twist away. They are the black platic 1/4 turn gizmos on the back of you cluster.

Just changed the bulb with a fresh new one and the speedo light is still out???. All the others work fine i.e tach, gauges. Any ideas?

Wouldn't of thought this could be a fuse just controlling one light....

Contact probaly not seating appropriately. I'd try to take it out then reinstall. I had one for the right side that did that and it took several tires before it made good contact and worked.

You may need a new light holder. Easy to find at a wrecker just find any mopar from the 70's (probably 80's too) and get a few extra.

Bend the little tabs of the sides of the holder up a little so they make good contact with the circuit board when you install them.

-
Back