71 dodge demon project

-

shawns71rr

Reaction score
This is my 71 demon ive been working on.

The story with this car is that i found it in butler pa hourse trader ad said 71 demon plus parts so i gave him a call and set up a time to look at it, when i got there he said that he had picked it up in hope of doing a turbo or v-8 conv. picked up new Qtr's, trunk pan, trunk ext, (all from year one) and a fender from the mopar nats. After about a year of collecting parts and pulling the int. out he said "i got tired of trying to make an old car go fast" then got a import of some sort, the car sat in a barn for 3 years until i picked it up. All the parts where still in boxes. The car still retains the original drivetrain and build sheet. car is a /6 904 7 1/4 car. Car is nice and has almost no other rust other than that.

He was asking $2000 for the car and i picked it up to the tune of $1600. i pulled it home and then pulled the trunk pan ext. and Qtrs off and putting them back in. I put a battery in it and it fired up and moves with no problems. car had two truck loads of parts with it.by the way this is the car i have ever put Qtrs on so thay are not perfect.
100_5013-1.jpg

100_5013-1.jpg

100_5013-1.jpg

Great find, and great price - congratulations! Lot of work, but it'll be worth it. What drivetrain are you putting in it?

Great project, and it looks like you are making some progress with all the parts he left you!

Sounds like a pretty good find, especially with all the extra parts. I'd say you got a good deal, and it looks like you're on your way to a nice ride. Mike

I have a 383 Mopar Big Block engine that would be great for your soon to be super Mopar.

This is the good 1967 block, heads and forged crank.

All parts are NEW and purchased through Mopar performance (Forged Rod, Forged Pistons, New 509 Hyd Cam, Heads Have NEW Seats / Valves / Springs / Keepers / Etc., NEW Dual Roller Timing Set and Fluid Filled Balancer)

Kern
717-515-7231

IMG_0165.jpg

great find do you have any pics. of trunk i am doing same repairs on my 72 demon

i have not taken any of the trunk yet and its not finished still have to weld in the trunk pan i get some up as soon as i get it done.

Are you sure it's not a '72?? That hood is the same one I had on my original 72 Demon 340. (Unless of course you changed the hood)

The '71 had the two separate scoops on each side of the hood, as I recall.

Nice looking project, the quarters installation looks pretty good to me. Atleast he did most of your parts shopping for you, thats a bonus.

Are you sure it's not a '72?? That hood is the same one I had on my original 72 Demon 340. (Unless of course you changed the hood)

The side marker light holes are for a '71 so it might have a '72 hood instead of '72 fenders.

the scoop is from a 72 the hood as well as the rest of the car are 71, car did not have any sccops factory as it was a base model. P.O installed the scoop.

Nice car and a nice prise , And it looks like it is in good hands.=D>
Congratulations Shawns71rr.:thumblef:

Keep us updated please

just an update, having a hard time with my crappy welds made a new trunk lip, the little wings on the rear of the qtrs. i just cant get a grasp on the welding part!!!! im close to packing it up and calling it quits..... anyone else have a hard time???

my trunk pan is in and ready to be finished, not my best work but not bad for havin to make a ton of part from sheetmetal, sliced in the lower part of the tail pannel from one off a duster qtr skins on and just need to put some finishing on them to stamp them done.
100_5066.jpg

100_5056.jpg

100_5062.jpg

I think you've done a pretty good job with the welds. Welding is like anything else. Done daily, one will become proficient. Most of us are occasional welders. Your going to have a very nice car when done. Howard

I know the feeling I bought trunk pan and lower quaters from Year One and wished I would of bought them from Paddoc or anybody else. Trunk pan was stamped crooked and lower Qaurters were missing the tail peice whear it meets tail section I ended up doing alot of fab work. My floor pans I got from Paddoc and they fit perfectly. I wont use Year One again !!! When I get done with this Demon Im doing a 70 Challenger

That fab work looks real good. It will defiantly be good enough for a daily driver and you'll get better as you keep doing it.

-
Back