'71 Duster 318 4speed to 383 4 speed?

-

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
What would I need to go from a 318 to a 383 in my '71 Duster 4 speed car?
I know I would need a big block bellhousing. Would my 10.5 -23 spline clutch setup from the 318 work?

I also assume that since the 383 was mated to a 727 that I would need to drill out the end of the crank for the pilot bearing.

Is there a specific type of exhaust manifolds that are ideal to fit in the Duster's engine bay? Which oil pan is needed?

What would I need to go from a 318 to a 383 in my '71 Duster 4 speed car?
I know I would need a big block bellhousing. Would my 10.5 -23 spline clutch setup from the 318 work?

I also assume that since the 383 was mated to a 727 that I would need to drill out the end of the crank for the pilot bearing.

Is there a specific type of exhaust manifolds that are ideal to fit in the Duster's engine bay? Which oil pan is needed?
Alot of questions here....I am not a expert of 4 speeds but bellhousing for sure....pressure plate and clutch probably need to be changed....I am pretty sure you will not have to drill out of the end of the crank...I believe most cranks out of the box were made to mate to the snout of the torque convertor or a pilot bearing...you should go the Schumacher route and include their headers...life made easy and you will probably have to get a modified z-bar from TTI

-
Back