Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Offering the ACC OE-style 80/20 loop molded carpet set out of my '71 Duster. I'm not technically offering it for "free" but if you're willing to pay for the shipping it's yours. Carpet is in Stamford, CT.

I am offering this carpet for the cost of shipping because there are several caveats with it so please read carefully. I don't want someone to take this because it's cheap and then be unhappy that it's not perfect or come back and say that I failed to disclose something. I will try to be as clear and honest about this as possible.

First and foremost - I did a poor job trying to install it. I'll say that at best it does not fit very well. I'd also say it's better than nothing so if you want to try and work with it perhaps it can be made to look OK. Or maybe you want cheap (lighter) carpet for a race car and don't care about the looks so much...

It has been cut for a 6 pt. roll bar. There are cutouts along the outer edges for the roll bar - two for the main hoop behind the front seat and one for the driver's side door bar but the right front has not been cut yet. When the roll bar was put in, the chassis shop that did it boxed the area in where the main hoops are on a 45º angle which made it tough to get the carpet around. If you don't have a roll bar it might go in a little easier.

There are holes for bucket seats which line up in with the factory locations in the floor. If you have a bench seat you will have to make new holes for those.

There are holes cut for the rear seat floor mount brackets. I no longer have a rear seat but if your car has one, these holes will be covered up.

The front edge is slightly rolled over inward and is a little short on the firewall but it's not too noticeable unless you are sitting in the seat and turn your head sideways to look at it under the dash.

There are a few holes in the center that were made to pass various things through like wiring and a shifter cable. A console would likely cover these up.

The heel pad ended up a little farther back and more towards the center than I would have wanted but it's fairly close to where it should be. Again, if you don't have a roll bar, one should be able to push the carpet towards the sill to compensate.

The seat belt bolt holes are pretty much in the right spots so there's that. If you have to move the carpet, they probably won't line up anymore.

I sort of remember taking some of the jute padding off of it which made it more pliable (and lighter) but unfortunately, it also made it more difficult to work with since it didn't hold it's shape as well, especially over the transmission tunnel.

The binding on the rear edge of the front section that goes under the seats looks like it's fraying a bit.

This carpet is basically new but it sat in the car for several years so it will need a good cleaning. It's not moldy and it does not smell or anything but it is dusty. It should clean up OK with good vacuuming.

It will get rolled up and shipped in an appropriately-sized box. The weight or dimensions of the packaging are currently unknown as I have not boxed it up yet. Local pickup is also an option, PM to make arrangements.

If you're not local to me and are still interested, shoot me a PM with your zip code and I'll try to figure out the shipping.

Overall loose fit.
IMG_4973.jpg

Driver's side door bar cut.
IMG_4974.jpg

Holes in transmission tunnel.
IMG_4975.jpg

Driver's side main hoop cut out behind the front seat.
IMG_4976.jpg

Rear seat floor bracket holes.
IMG_4977.jpg

Poor fit at this junction point. Will be mostly covered by the sill plate but just so all interested parties are aware, it's a little short when it's flattened out.
IMG_4978.jpg

Passenger side edge, not cut for door bar.
IMG_4979.jpg

Passenger side cutout for main hoop.
IMG_4980.jpg

Heel pad location.
IMG_4981.jpg

Thanks for looking.

-Greg

Thank You for Offering! Just put some in my Duster last year from possibly the Same Company... if I didn't, I'd be on it!

I would be interested but what would the shipping be to 92585 ca. With things over 15 pounds, I have found fedex to be the best priced, and up to 48 inches long. Thanks

This carpet is still available, first in line is no longer interested. It’s all boxed up and ready to go.

I will encourage anyone who wants this to try and calculate shipping on their own through whatever carrier they choose. Unless you come pick it up in person, I‘ll have to take it somewhere no matter what and it’s all within the same general area so its all the same to me.

The dimensions of the box are 44” x 17” x 7”. The weight is 32 lbs. Shipping will be from Stamford, CT 06902. These dimensions and weight were quoted by UPS this AM so they are good.

If you have a clear idea how much it will be to ship and still want it, PM and I will double check your quote on my end. Online quotes often don’t match what you pay at the counter. I’ll work with you within reason but since I’m making zero dollars off this, I’d prefer not to have to cover anything. My advice would be to use your online quote and add 5% to cover any discrepancy. If I manage to ship it for less than your quote at the counter, I will refund the difference

I’d also ask not to have to truck this carpet around town trying to find the lowest shipping cost for every interested party.

Deal?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back