71 Duster Grille Inner Trim Removal

-

Cruzin

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Getting ready to restore this grill. Does anyone have any tips on carefully removing this "Inner" trim?
I see there are small raised areas along the horizontal fin that this attaches to. However, I was looking to see if anyone else has removed these that may be able to shed some light on removal. I don't want to damage them. Thanks much. Patrick

If you look at the trim on the back side, there is tabs that fold over on the grill. Bend it up carefully and push it off. Just to let you know both pieces are the same so you cant mix them up. I hope this helps

Thanks guys. I got them off. I appreciate the help. I saw the tabs in the back. They are fragile rascals. A couple just basically fell off when I went to bend them upwards. They look as if they were somewhat spot-welded onto the trim from the factory. The trim is really in good condition so when I restore the grille, I will re-install them. Thanks again for the help.
Patrick

Yea the tabs are spot welded to the trim pieces. I thought about gluing them back on my grill, but I wasnt risking getting glue all over my restored grill

-
Back