71 Duster option code questions

-

kanders

Reaction score
I was wondering about some of the options my car has and hope some knowledgeable Mopar experts could help out:

V24 code hood treatment/engine callout. How common is this option, did it include factory hood pins?

A88 340 interior decor group. Did all 340's have it, what all did it include?

My rallye dash has a trip odometer, someone said they didn't all have it. True or false. I just saw a picture of a rallye dash in another post and it doesn't have anything in the middle spot. Mine has a performance/economy(vacuum guage) in that spot. I don't remember my first 71 having that, any comments?

I,ve seen restored 340 Dusters on this site without sharkstooth grill. How do you know if your car had one from the factory?
Thanks in advance, Kev

I made the post about the 150 speedo without the trip odometer… Turned out I was going be memory and i was wrong…. I couldn't find my cigarette lighter so I went out to use the one in the car…. Surprised the hell out of me…. There it was the trip odometer right where it should be….

The car has seen 2000 miles in 30 years… I tend to forget things about it.

The center hole has a plug standard with clock, vacuum gauge or tach as options.

I made the post about the 150 speedo without the trip odometer… Turned out I was going be memory and i was wrong…. I couldn't find my cigarette lighter so I went out to use the one in the car…. Surprised the hell out of me…. There it was the trip odometer right where it should be….

The car has seen 2000 miles in 30 years… I tend to forget things about it.

The center hole has a plug standard with clock, vacuum gauge or tach as options.

2000 miles in 30 years??!!!! Do you plan to live 300 years? Get out and enjoy that cool car more! Kev

I was wondering about some of the options my car has and hope some knowledgeable Mopar experts could help out:

V24 code hood treatment/engine callout. How common is this option, did it include factory hood pins? It's not a common option, no pins with it, they were a separate option

A88 340 interior decor group. Did all 340's have it, what all did it include? Optional

My rallye dash has a trip odometer, someone said they didn't all have it. True or false. I just saw a picture of a rallye dash in another post and it doesn't have anything in the middle spot. Mine has a performance/economy(vacuum guage) in that spot. I don't remember my first 71 having that, any comments?

I,ve seen restored 340 Dusters on this site without sharkstooth grill. How do you know if your car had one from the factory? ALL 71 Duster 340's should have a sharktooth grille, it was standard equipment
Thanks in advance, Kev

Lots of great info here
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library.shtml

Thanks crackedback but do you know what was all included with the 340 interior decor group? Kev

It's on the Hamtrack site, but if memory serves its wood panel on the door panels, three spoke steering wheel, rear armrests with ashtrays.

My car had the Interior Decor Group A88 and that's correct, wood grain panels on the front and rear door panels, rear arm rests with ashtrays, three spoke padded wheel.

My car had the Interior Decor Group A88 and that's correct, wood grain panels on the front and rear door panels, rear arm rests with ashtrays, three spoke padded wheel.
Are you serious 340wedge... Judging by your photo, you have a high impact V24 car, with the light group, AND it has the A88 option. Nice... any options its missing...:notworth:
Kanders looks like you have a nice optioned out machine as well.:cheers:

The V24 usually has the pins but there is a guy in Calgary with a V24 option without them. Pretty rare one way or the other. Think I read somewhere less than 5% of 71s had the hood treatment.

Are you serious 340wedge... Judging by your photo, you have a high impact V24 car, with the light group, AND it has the A88 option. Nice... any options its missing...:notworth:
Kanders looks like you have a nice optioned out machine as well.:cheers:

The V24 usually has the pins but there is a guy in Calgary with a V24 option without them. Pretty rare one way or the other. Think I read somewhere less than 5% of 71s had the hood treatment.

Thanks for the info squiggy, does the light group include the fender top signal lights? I don't have that option on my fender tag but my car has the lights. Also, my car has hood pins but the code for them is not on the tag (I guess added later). It,s cool that the V24 cars are quite rare, it's the main reason I bought it. Kev

Thanks for the info squiggy, does the light group include the fender top signal lights? I don't have that option on my fender tag but my car has the lights. Also, my car has hood pins but the code for them is not on the tag (I guess added later). It,s cool that the V24 cars are quite rare, it's the main reason I bought it. Kev

The A01 code included fender mounted lights (L31). My car has them, but I believe you could break up the lights. For example order the trunk light without the fender lights and vice versa. But the light option should show up on the fender tag or build sheet.
I have heard of coding left off fender tags, but again it should show up on the build sheet. Weird that two codes would be left off the tag (lights and pins). Are the holes for the pins/lights drilled or punched? Does it have the map or trunk lights?

The A01 code included fender mounted lights (L31). My car has them, but I believe you could break up the lights. For example order the trunk light without the fender lights and vice versa. But the light option should show up on the fender tag or build sheet.
I have heard of coding left off fender tags, but again it should show up on the build sheet. Weird that two codes would be left off the tag (lights and pins). Are the holes for the pins/lights drilled or punched? Does it have the map or trunk lights?

I don't have the build sheet since a lot of work was done to the car when I got it. I'll have to look at the hood pin and fender light holes, see if they are add ons. I don't know if it has map or trunk lights since it's not finished yet. Any place to look for the build sheet besides under the back seat? Kev

The switch for the map light is on the left by your knee if the dash is original (just think its a quick way to check.)

Yeah it's (the build sheet) is pretty easy to get misplaced in what... almost 40 years?

I had a beauty 71, that I turned over 'cus I couldn't find the build sheet, and I thought it was cloned... looking back that was just stupid, it was a great car.

Back seat, front seat, over glove box, front seat back (under the plastic) if it has buckets. Heard some had it under the carpet but I've never found one there.

Oh by the way I was checking out a few V24 71 dusters fender tags and they had factory pins, but were missing the code, so I guess it happens.

And on the grille I think ALL 71 340 cars had the shark tooth grille. Maybe 72 as well, but 70 had a std grille.

Thanks for the info guys. BTW, does anyone have a copy of the "CARS" album with the green V24 Duster on the cover? Classic. I have the original album. Kev

-
Back