71 Duster Pop out window question

-

Ken71Twister

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My pop out windows seem to be loose. Anyone have pictures that would help me remove the vertical chrome strip that covers the leading edge of the side pop out windows? I think there are a couple of screws under the chrome but I don't want to destroy the chrome strip trying to get to them.

Pictures?

tx,
Ken

Is it the glass or the entire window frame assembly that seems to loose to you?

The white plastic doohicky's in the pic below comprise the hinge and you have to remove the complete window assembly from the car and disassemble the frame (drill out rivets) to get to them. That's really the only thing holding the leading edge of the glass in there. There's really no way to tighten the glass where it hinges - unless those plastic pieces are somehow broken and need to be replaced.

I have a few more pics here: http://70duster440.com/misc.html (scroll down)

Attachments

• hingeimg_01.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 144
Great pictures. This should help. The glass is loose and can slide vertically - which allows it go get too low and drag against the metal below the window. I'll study your pictures closely to see if I can figure out how to get the chrome trim off without damaging it.

Your car looks great and the color looks close to the color I chose for my car (Redline Pearl Coat 3 used by newer Challengers).

-
Back