71 duster rear seats vs 71 dart seats

-

hardcharger426

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if a 71 dart rear seat is the same frame as a 71 duster rear seat? Looking for a rear seat to use in my Duster.

Thanks guys

Hi, I dont think so. I had a hard time finding a back seat for my 71 Demon. Duster a Dart Sport will fit, but they (73 and up) have cutouts on the bottom back corners for the retractable seat belts. Good luck.. they are out there .

The upper is the same, the lower is different. The lower back seat frame on the Dart is taller. I found out when I tried to put Demon seat covers on a 70 Swinger back seat.

Well I think you are right about the 70 dart seat. I finally figured out that one of the seats i have is a 71 dart or scamp rear seat and it doesn't fit on the hooks in the car the right way.

I did buy another seat that I was told was from a 71 dart but I think it is from a later year like a 72 or 73. It does fit on the hooks and appears to be shorter than the 71.

Does anybody think or agree that when Chrysler got cheap in 72 and started making parts that fit on a bunch of different cars, that they might have made the rear seat for the A bodies all the same?????

-
Back