71 Duster Stripe Repair Question

-

540dust

Reaction score
I had to do some repair on my 71 Duster driver side fender and the stripe was sacraficed in the repair. I need to replace the stripe that was on the driver side fender. What are the odds that I can get a stripe to match and just install/replace the driver side fender and not replace the door and quarter stripe on the driver side? The stripe is matte black and is a 3M material. The car is always inside so fading will be negligable on the old stripe. Additionally, whether I have to replace the whole stripe or not, what about getting a stripe just for the drivers side and not both sides or will cost be about the same anyway? Suggestions, advice, or experience on this subject would be appreciated, thanks.

You would be better off of getting the stripe kit complete. Getting half a kit or just a repair panel might not match perfectly, and would probably be close to the same price of a complete kit. post a few pictures of the stripe, there is a few members here that do that type of work. Good luck

X2, it also depends on who's stripe kit you have on your car now. I noticed there all a little different, when you start comparing them side by side. Especially the tail panel stripes. The most correct stripe in the industry are that of performance car graphics.

-
Back