71 orange on orange Demon A31

-

DodgeDemonz

Reaction score
Hi My name is Frank and Iam looking for informaition on the 1971 Hamtramck built Cars , What was being built for the 71 model year out of the Hamtramck Plant , why Iam asking is I own a 1971 Dodge Demon it is a factory A31 car meening High Performance Axle Package with Suregrip 3:91 rear gears and the 340 4speed trans ,the car was also equiped with EV2 hemi orange paint black side stripes , the interior is factory M6XV orange interior Buckets console ,it came with factory tach powersteering , disk brakes , my question is what was also being built at Hamtramck when my car was being built because I have a very early built car my build sheet reads left to right Sequence number 1|0005XX Vehicle order number 808|B12XXX Car Line LM Body Type 29 ENG H Year 1 Plant B sequential number 102XXX Built to spec C also the car came with 2 build sheets one is a 70 build sheet and the other is a 71 idendical information each , any one with info would be greaty appreciate .

Thank you but I have been there , the site is mainly devoted to the 70 Hamtramck models if I was alot better with a computer I would consider started a Dodge Demon Registry thanks Frank

Welcome...If you are good enough on a computer to post pics of your ride that would be awesome...sweet combo!

I have seen somewhere the list of what plant built what cars each year.
I think that Hamtramck plant built only A-Bodies and E-Bodies in 71.
I could be wrong.

My car is in the middle of a restoration I will post some pics when it is finished , thanks Frank

N41 N42 V6x V8x En1
Ev2 C A31 B41 C55 M43
Ev2 M6xv Tx9 808 B12_ _ _
E55 D21 Lm29 H1b 10_ _ _ _

thanks , I also have a 1971 B5 Blue Dodge Demon it is a 340 Auto with white Decals and I also have a 1972 Factory Tor Red or Hemi Orange Road Runner with a 400 auto it came with a N96 Air Grabber Hood the Road Runner is totaly restored

Frank, You may try emailng Barry from the 70 Hamtrack site. He has tons of info that he hasnt posted.

I talked to Barry on Monday, Barry told me that the vehicles being produced for the 1971 year at Hamtramck was the Dodge Demons ,Dusters,Valiants and the E bodies I have not talked to him since, but what Iam trying to figure out how the (sequence Number on the buildsheet ) and the (Sequential number last six digits on the Vin ) work and when Hamtramck was building these cars were you getting a Demon coming down the line then 2 or three dusters then 5 Valiants and maybe acouple of cudas because my sequence number is so early it is 1|0005_ _ and My Vin is LM29H1B102_ _ _ built on Saturday August 8 1970 I might just have get a hold of Galen

I believe that the Sequence number refers to the assigned Order for a particular car. It can come from internal departments, for one offs, promos, etc. or as dealer bank cars - building a run of assorted cars for general sale, and orders from dealers for custom-ordered cars. From what I understand, these normally just used the next higher number. It is possible that some may have never been built - cancelled orders. Some special runs may use a sequence of numbers not in the normal number batch - eg. use a letter as the first VON character.

The VIN number refers to the intended order of buid on the assembly line. This sequential number is unique to all vehicles at the plant

They ran 2 lines side by side there. On Line 1 they built A bodies and on Line 2 they did the E bodies.

Check the last codes on the tags...
EN1--End Of Codes- Line 1
EN2--End Of Codes- Line 2

340 DART

P8120111.jpg

340 CUDA

CUDA-4.jpg

Well, I've been waitin' for a picture of the elusive Orange on Orange here........I've never seen one.........

Anyone have pics of the finished product?

I think someone installed the console, 4 speed A's with a console in 71? Doesn't show in the tag either.

They flip flopped lines they built a's and e's. 1970 A's were built on line 2

Cool car.

No real rhyme or reason to VON and VIN. There are identifier in the VON as to intended location, like B and the C in the third line.

my two cents... don't waste your time or money with Galen, unless you are a personal friends.

Hey my boss has one of them. ev2 inside and out, 340 4speed 71 demon. it's my next project after the roadrunner is done.

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

Let me welcome you to this great site Frank.
As you can see we have some great people here and some of the best of the best tec's to. Real nice mopars Frank
Hang around and enjoy,

Also anyone want to see a 71 Orange on orange Demon as nice as they come go to your May 06 issue of Mopar Collectors Guide and turn to Page #68 its a Beauty and has a cool story

I wonder if that car is supposed to have a burnt orange carpet? I think it would look GREAT with it........

I can't tell if that on in the pic is black, or just plain dirty all over.........

The burnt orange carpets are killer for looks.........8)

I wonder if that car is supposed to have a burnt orange carpet? I think it would look GREAT with it........

I can't tell if that on in the pic is black, or just plain dirty all over.........

The burnt orange carpets are killer for looks.........8)
No if you orderd a Orange interior it only came with orange seats with black seat back and orange door panels with orange arm rests carpets were black atleast every orange interior I have ever seen in a Demon or Duster has come that way

-
Back