'71 Swinger! Like it or Not

-
the paint job I could handle. its the bug catcher coming out of the hood and the tail stripe I don't care for. maybe a different style of rim and lower it some then I think it would be really cool.

For that kind of money the car should have matching side marker light.
Looks like '71 in rear and '72-up in the front.....

Does anyone here think a "6 pack" or a "Hemi" fiberglass hood would work on that car? I'm not sure if the "6 pack" would have enough clearance...

Something to wonder anyways....

Does anyone here think a "6 pack" or a "Hemi" fiberglass hood would work on that car? I'm not sure if the "6 pack" would have enough clearance...

Something to wonder anyways....

Six pack scoops come in different heights

The car looks looks nicely done , but no way worth 34k , I agree there many other better cars out there for that kind of money

Had to take a second look lol. Looks like a pretty nice car. I dont care for the hood, wheels, or stripe, but he has great taste in the paint department :cheers:

Attachments

• Dart Side Shot.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 172
Had to take a second look lol. Looks like a pretty nice car. I dont care for the hood, wheels, or stripe, but he has great taste in the paint department :cheers:

:prayer:

Yeah the stripe should match the upper color.

The wheels need to be 15"

And the hood should have a scoop!

JMO:

Axe the wheels and put in something that doesn't look so gawdy
Either dump the quicksilver shifter or fit it to a factory console with a good knob
Drop the funky through the hood scoop

And it'd be a pretty cool car.

Nice car, but not my style.

One thing that really bothers me (and I've seen other 70+ Darts like this) is the rear stripe is supposed to continue onto the wraparound part of the rear valence and terminate just past the lower rear body line. Just guessing, but he probably applied the stripe with the rear valance not installed yet, trimmed that part away, and then installed the valance.

That and the shifter and hoodscoop are cheap looking and goofy. Like something you see in a JC Whitney "racing parts" section.

No, but a wheel change, maybe to cragars is a step in the right direction. YOU are the one that needs to be happy. Remember, dont buy your house to impress friends and neighbors. Same with your ride.

:love4: :love7: :love10: have I mentioned I love your car?? Lol

Nice car, but not my style.

One thing that really bothers me (and I've seen other 70+ Darts like this) is the rear stripe is supposed to continue onto the wraparound part of the rear valence and terminate just past the lower rear body line. Just guessing, but he probably applied the stripe with the rear valance not installed yet, trimmed that part away, and then installed the valance.

That and the shifter and hoodscoop are cheap looking and goofy. Like something you see in a JC Whitney "racing parts" section.

The stripe should end on the body line, there should be no stripe on the valance panel. When done correctly, you can stand behind the car and see no stripe. Then standing at the side of the car, see the stripe all the way down but can't see it end. So from a side view it should look as tho the stripe wraps right under, but it don't

My opinion on that car :pukerigh:
First off the tail stripe should match the roof
The wheels don't suit the car at all. I think those are the wheels from his Camaro, thats where he learned to black out the engine bay
The scoop out the hood is rediculous, give it back to the street rod it was stolen from.
And maybe its just the picture but the side of that car looks like the body work was done by a teen in his backyard at night with a flashlight and sunglasses after drinking a 12 pack and hitting a few joints
:supz:

He has some good parts in that car but honestly from what I see I wouldn't pay more than half the asking price.
In todays market, $22K will get you one hell of a car.
If someone wanted to give me that kinda cash for my Dart it would be gone today and replaced tomorrow.

The stripe should end on the body line, there should be no stripe on the valance panel. When done correctly, you can stand behind the car and see no stripe. Then standing at the side of the car, see the stripe all the way down but can't see it end. So from a side view it should look as tho the stripe wraps right under, but it don't

Yes, there is a stripe on the valance if done correctly. This is an actual Dodge publicity photo provided by Allpar.com. You can clearly see the stripe continues onto the wraparound portion of the rear valance, and terminates just past the lower rear body line:

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a611/MPR_Chassis/dart-swinger_zps8ef69641.jpg

Also...out of curiosity I checked out the pics of your Dart (very nice car btw), and you have the stripe on the rear valance. So now I'm a bit confused how you could think it's not correct to do so.

I bought the car for a good amount less than his asking price. Only problem I had with the car is the new speedometer cable he installed the day before I got there stopped working. Other than that the car was a very nice drive.

I'll be keeping the tail stripe for a little while. New wheels will be ordered to replace this ones on the car Monday. The wheels on there are worth $440 each brand new plus the tires, so I'll sell them to recoup the cost of the new tires.

The shifter is a B&M Quick Silver and I quite enjoy it so that will stay.

And I'll eventually get a fiberglass hood with scoop to replace the metal hood with the hole.

Oh and I'll be changing the 3.91 gears to 3.23 gears as well.

TbDdiSf.jpg

I like it. From a purist point of view maybe not but even they will have original colors they do not like. Still I am not a fan of the scoop sticking through the hood. As far as the stripe goes you see more without the wrap around look. I have attached a 1970 brochure pic that shows it stopping. A upper body color stripe would look better in my opinion.

Attachments

• Stripe.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 113
Drache.. Congrats on the purchase... Keep us posted on the changes you make to her

After driving the 5 hours home yesterday I found a Toyota Prius in the grille of my new Dart. I let it go back into the wild but I'm not sure if it will survive in this strange environment so far from home....

Sweet!! Congrats on the buy!! Btw, Prius' are like flys, annoying and not very useful... I woulda just put it out of its misery. Lol

-
Back