71 swinger resto completed !!!!!

-

Moparnutt340

Reaction score
Hi all !
I finally finished the 71 Swinger this month. It turned out great, I'm so happy with the car. It made it worth all the time and money that I put in over the past 2 years.

Here's the story.......

Purchased the car from Essex Chrysler near Windsor Ontario Apr.2012. It was a rust free car originally from Huntsville Dodge in Huntsville Alabama. The car came with its original bill of sale and warranty card. At the time of purchase it was Rally Red with black tail stripe and black vynil top.
I drove the car for the first summer as it was............

I then started to redo the undercarriage over the winter. Frame connectors, rearend was moved back 3/4" and mini-tubbed. Floor was stripped bare and painted black. Complete overhaul of the 8 3/4 with new 489 case / 3.55 suregrip from Mancini's / NHRA approved street axles from Dr.Diff. B-body large bolt brakes were installed, tubular control arms, SS leaf springs, pinion snubber, replaced the 904 with a 727 auto, etc........

Last summer 2014 the car attended a car show the first week of Aug still red and with the 340 in it. 3 days after the show I began stripping the car. It was stripped completely to bare metal, replaced every nut n bolt, rubber, etc......
I added power brakes, had a 727 built up, added a 3800 converter, Mike at MRL Performance built me a monster street motor 408 Stroker, 512HP/519TQ. The car was finally painted Aug.2,2015, and attended its first cruise in on Aug 8th.
Here's some pics of the resto, then I'll post again with the final result pics............

Here's the end result..............

142.jpg

148%20WAMBO2015.jpg

141.jpg

143.jpg

140.jpg

I have been e-mailing back and forth with Mopar Magazine, that would be great to see my car featured !!!!!!

Great job and one bada$$ Swinger:coffee2: I bet that car is FAST!!!

Dave,

-
Back