71 Thermoquad rebuild

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Has anyone rebuilt a 71 TQ lately. Is there someone who has a source for a kit. People still restore 71 cars just looking for a kit or top and bottom gaskets.

I bought my rebuild kit at NAPA. You have to order the floats separate. Get the brass ones.

if I remember correctly, the 71 T/Qs are a one year only style carb with the canted idle screws, but I would think that carb kits are still available from auto parts stores. I think the manual transmission 340 carb number is 4972, and the 340 automatic is number 4973, in case you need the carb number at the parts store. Hope this helps a little...

Has anyone recently rebuilt a 71 TQ. If so what kit did you use and where are they available. Looking to see how people are restoring these now.

Thanks thats good info. But I need to locate the kit. I cant find anyone that can get one. 1971 is an odd ball one year only.

Send a PM to member EL5DEMON340........He has a 71 with a TQ & will know where to get one if they're available.

Napa online has them, 4972 manual and 4973 uses the same kit, check your floats and get brass if you need them, also I would replace the choke pull off if old, it is what dampens the secondary door and if week can cause tuning problems

I have checked napa online cant find anything. I have friend works for napa says not available. Is there something special in the search that im missing.

-
Back