72 Cuda Questions- Please Help

-

72Cuda

Reaction score
Hello! My father recently passed away and I need help with his 72 Cuda project. He has been working on this car for many years, trying to get it to a track for just one spin. Unfortunately, he passed before he could finish. I have alot of photos of the car in various stages, posted below and would like to know if anyone can help me with the value of it and/or the parts he has. He has 3 engines: 383, 400, and a 440. Please let me know if you have any questions- I will try to answer but I'm no expert.

Thanks!
Joni

****I will have to post the other pics in a separate post

Cuba.jpg

Cuda body1.jpg

transmission.jpg

Cuda body.jpg

Cuda body2.jpg

Cuda Interior.JPG

Tires.JPG

Hello! My father recently passed away and I need help with his 72 Cuda project. He has been working on this car for many years, trying to get it to a track for just one spin. Unfortunately, he passed before he could finish. I have alot of photos of the car in various stages, posted below and would like to know if anyone can help me with the value of it and/or the parts he has. He has 3 engines: 383, 400, and a 440. Please let me know if you have any questions- I will try to answer but I'm no expert.

Thanks!
Joni

****I will have to post the other pics in a separate post

View attachment 1716161011

View attachment 1716161012

View attachment 1716161024

View attachment 1716161025

View attachment 1716161026

View attachment 1716161027

View attachment 1716161028

You may want to post this on forebodiesonly.com as they may have better information over there as it caters to E-bodies, which is what that year Cuda is...

For E Bodies Only Mopar Forum

Looks like he used only the best speed parts available I'm sure it's going to bring some good coin!!!

Looks like he used only the best speed parts available I'm sure it's going to bring some good coin!!!
Yes he did! He spent alot of money on that car. I just wish he could have driven it just 1 time. I'm gonna post this over on the correct site.

Our condolences Joni. I'm sure there will be some interest in the car.
Theres several racers on here that may know someone. Hard to put a price on it when in pieces. Dad have any receipts/paperwork?

Our condolences Joni. I'm sure there will be some interest in the car.
Theres several racers on here that may know someone. Hard to put a price on it when in pieces. Dad have any receipts/paperwork?
Yes, he has a binder full of receipts and paperwork and I have the title as well.

Cuda Book.jpg

Good luck, I feel for ya. Projects in limbo never seem to bring as much as they should, BUT you have a binder of receipts so that helps. The dash vin would allow someone(if they choose) to put back on the road.
I am not up on 72 cudas, but the vin will also decipher what engine it started life with.
5th digit on vin is engine designation
I will have to check on that!

you can use some pretty basic car math to get you in the ball park for value.

take a look at the comps of what one of these completed is selling for.
because it's not running it's worth 1/2
it's taken apart/project status it's worth 1/2 again

because of the style of build, the potential buyer's pool is a lot smaller than a usual 72 cuda, for better or for worse. but, you've got some great things going for you: lots of extra parts, what work has been done appears to be done well, the included race parts are top of the line, you have the receipts and most importantly you have a title!

GLWTS!

This story makes me sad. Sell the car itself as a single unit only. Sell it to someone who has the knowledge and money to finish it. Take pictures. Good luck.

Also, it's not always what you get for it as much as who gets it. Keep that thought in mind, hope you understand.
Good luck.

-
Back