72 dart 225 battery question

-

challenger_moe

Reaction score
ok I know this is going to sound weird but where is the stock bolt for the negative lead to the battery? I had an aftermarket ac in the car I got rid of and now the cable wont reach anything that I can ground to. I might need to get another cable but wondered where they grounded to from dodge.

Battery ground cable connects to one of the three threaded holes on the manifold side of the block, just above the oil pan rail, aft of the water pump. If not accessible, you can use one of the water pump bolts, but double-washer it so you still get good clamping force on the water pump.

It should reach the holes in the block before it could reach the water pump. If you're standing at the drivers fender facing the engine, look down at the block between the battery and starter relay. You should see a hole right there in the block. If you have power steering, the bracket that attaches the power steering pump will be over it. You'll just have to route the cable under the pump and you can use an extension to bolt it to the block. It'll look a lot cleaner that way.

New cables aren't that expensive. A good ground is important for everything electrical. It may be a good investment to get one long enough to comfortably reach the block.

-
Back