72 dart 4 wheels non power drum

-

Johnny71dusty

Reaction score
I got a new master cylinder and the rear port doesn't have these brass thing inside it . The front does . I got out a master I have for my other car and it has both but they don't come out . Can I order these ? What are they called

185460D5-11DD-4896-8D54-8902F0308773.jpeg

CA5D0986-E9FD-46DA-8A12-82160B3CF52D.jpeg

It's called a residual pressure valve (RPV). The idea is that it retains a small amount of pressure in the line so that the brakes actuate more quickly. It is used for drum brake systems only — if it is used with disc brakes, it will cause the pads to continually rub the disks.

The reason your new "drum brake" MC does not have one in the rear line is probably because some slightly newer Mopars have the valve built into the rear wheel cylinders instead (I think this is a truck thing, but I'm not sure). I have no idea if you can safely remove those valves or not. I think you will probably need to source the correct MC for your application.

Take the MC back to the parts store and get the right one, because it should have residual valves front and back for drum/drum in 72

Ugh it came from
Take the MC back to the parts store and get the right one, because it should have residual valves front and back for drum/drum in 72
napa - again only mc thst is listed for 318 car with all 4 drum . non power brakes . Also we painted it so they won't return it . Annoying

-
Back