72 dart harness

-

wireweld

Reaction score
Ok, I called year one looking for a engine harness for my 72 swinger. They said that they didn't list that year, only 70 or 71. Can anyone tell me what the difference is or if there is any difference. This is a 318 car, at, ac,ps and electronic ignition.

Do a search for Evens wiring. I just put a engine harness on my 67 dart with 70 style voltage reg. and alt. that had electronic ignition. Everything hooked up with no splices and worked perfect.

I'll second going with Evans. They did a 66 Barracuda engine harness and added electronic ignition for use in my 65 Dart wagon (with 66 Formula S dash). Also had done a 65 Dart engine harness including electronic ignition. Workmanship is first rate.

There is a difference from 70/71 and 72. I put a 70 dart dash and harness into my 72 valiant and used the 72 harness from the bulkhead into the fire wall. It was a while back but I know that the horn wire and the ignition to the starter silinoid feed wire are swapped on the two. I could not start my car then my 3 year old son was inside and hitting the horn and the car was turnning over?? I checked the wire diagram in the chilton manual and that was the case. I just swapped the two.

The same thing happened to me with my Duster. I swapped a '72 engine harness into a '70. When I went to start it the horn blew - hit the horn and the engine turned over. I swapped the two pins in the bulked connected on the engine harness and that was it.

-
Back