72 Dart Rear Window Clips

-

GaryKephart

Reaction score
Probably been asked a thousand times, but...
I need pictures and measurements for the rear window clips on a 72 Swinger.
I don't have the trim for reference.
From what I've read the holes are 1/2" in and use a 7/64 drill bit.
By the way I need what chrome I can get for the car.

Thanks
Gary

Hi Gary,

This was a royal pain for us so I'd like to help you if I can. You are referring to the outside trim for the windows, not the inside trim? Does the Dart have a vinyl roof?

We never did find the plastic slide clips for the trim. We were told multiple times by Tom Race from RTSpecialties that he had them at the shop and that I just needed to call him or email to order, which I did more than once and unfortunately the clips never showed up at the next car show. He also never answered the emails. I even spoke to him on the phone and he told me to fax over a photo and he'd get right on it. Did that, called him back and the phone rang and rang. SO...maybe he has them but I never could get them from him after 4 car shows and eighteen months of trying.

The problem is, when you remove the window trim to paint the car or replace the window, you basically have to break the clips to get them off. The vinyl was replaced on our Dart before we bought it but luckily we had a couple of the clips that originally came with the car that were unbroken. When we found replacement trim, we spaced those remaining clips out around the window, skipping some hooks and it seems to be holding just fine.

Let me know some more info on what you are looking for and I'll see if I can send you some photos or other info.
Hang in there, if you are persistent it can get done!

:)

I just took off the trim from a 71 parts car, so tomorrow when it's light, I'll snap a picture or 2 and post them for you to see. Geof

The '71 trim will fit the '72 but it definitely matters if the car had a vinyl top or not. The trim is different for vinyl and non-vinyl top cars.

O:)

-
Back